Cqualt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys! i watched a Driftwood gaming video tutorial on how to change text through the same method, After downloading and installing the desired font and copy pasting it from the fonts folder into the game font folder, Driftwood recommend you change to just "GameFont" in YEP Coreengine and Message core plug ins to which i did. Game is stuck on Now Loading...

After learning the file must be a ttf type which it is.. but then also needs .ttf at the end of the file name to which i did and copy pasted into the .css file replacing the old font.

still stuck.

I then Reverted EVERYTHING back to normal through editing such as replacing it back to the old font with old name of the font and then even changing back the font options back in plugins or even leaving it after but yet even reverting back everything to normal again the game is now stuck on Now Loading...

I am STUCK and i cannot get my game to even load or even change font, if anyone has a method on how to fix this i would much appreciate it thank you!

Attachments

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to MV support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you screenshot your font css file? because I think you missing something or
removed something which should be there.

you can also create a new project and copy the font folder over to your main and
see if that solve it. if it does, you probably missing the "" or 1 of those.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, please share your css code and also the font file name. Did you install the font on your computer?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's all the extra stuff at the bottom? Mine looks like this.
1590963560914.png

Cqualt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have no idea what the extra stuff is, it was there when i opened it, im guessing maybe something for a plugin in? i duno? all i changed was the mplus-1m-regular.ttf part, if anyone wants to google driftwood gaming how to change font, that video is exactly what i did.

not the only one who had the problem

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Driftwood Gaming is founded by my husband, Drifty. Changing your font is very simple and straightforward. If the extra stuff was added by a plugin, (is that possible?) maybe that plugin is incompatable with font changes for some ...odd, reason? I don't know.

Maybe try making a backup of that css file, deleting the extra stuff and trying it then?

Cqualt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
wow thats so cool! nice to meet you!

na didnt use a plugin to change font, but anyway i guess ill just try again... im just gonna delete the folder and paste a back up i keep saved to erase any changes and try again editing the script again, if it does work again i guess ill make another post asking how to change font? thanks for your help Tea!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doh! I opened an old game project, that "extra" code is kosher on a new one.

Drifty said some fonts won't work no matter what you do and he doesn't know why, but it's a known issue.

I would have asked him first, but he was busy :D

Oh, yeah, nice to meet you too! You should check out our... I'm not allowed to say it here. lol ...nvm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha