Font Expertise needed

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by shlongknight, Jan 23, 2014.

1. shlongknight

shlongknight Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello I am fairly new to the VX version of software, and I am currently working on a Pokemon game. I Want this game to have: 

-Black font

-Black as default so its in the menus as well

-No font borders 

-a way to test and change the default font

-A unique cursor for selecting. Not the box, but lets say an arrow.

I have been working on this all day and cant figure it out. I have my desired font, but it looks weird and the default black borders are ruining the effect. Also I managed to change the font color to black, but then only certain things showed up in my menus like "Continue" at the main menu, and "Formation" on the field menu. Does anyone know why this is happening? Please help. Thank you

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First, are you using VX or VX Ace? Your post says one, but your profile (and the forum in which you've posted) says another. They are two different versions, and may require different solutions.

3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    if it's ace

Code:
    class Window_Base  #the normal font color  def normal_color;Color.new(0,0,0);end  #in case you want the blue system texts to be black too  def system_color;Color.new(0,0,0);end  #to change font  Font.default_name = "Whatever name of your font is"end
    or you could also edit the windowskin so that the first color on the pallet is black instead of white

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
  4. shlongknight

shlongknight Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm sorry for the confusion. Its Ace, but I jumped right from 2003 to Ace haha

Also is there a easy way to edit my windowskin palette? I tried earlier, but I don't know what matches up with what. Is there like a template or diagram I could view?

When I added that bit of code (to the top just under the class callout, I didn't really know if it needed a specific place) I came up with this error: (The one on top) and then when i changed the "end" to "$end" the following error was displayed.  

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/busterbakerporazinski/media/Errors_zps79aa6987.png.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
  5. Neverward

Neverward Keeping it trill Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Look in the help file, it talks about the windowskin (I think it calls it something else) and I haven't seen many better or more convenient explanations for it.