jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, sorry if this is the wrong board to post this in.

I've had a couple of users report an odd error involving the in-game font either a) missing letters, b) being distorted and unreadable, or c) a mix of both. Screenshot example:

unnamed.png

A few things we've already tried:

1. Re-downloading and replacing the font file
2. Using a completely different font, such as MV's base font and Georgia
3. Enabling ClearType in Windows settings
4. Running the game as an administrator

I've been researching what could cause this for MV and for other games and I'm at a loss, especially since replacing the font, even with a pre-installed font like Georgia, does not help.

My only lead is that this person has AMD Radeon R6 graphics.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or figured out how to solve it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This problem has been mentioned and solved a few times before, but I don't remember the cause or the solution.
You should try to find one of the old posts about this and see what it says about it.

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar that was the first thing I did, and unfortunately either the threads had no solution or the ones given did not work.

Definitely possible I missed a thread about it though, so I'll search again.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been trying to work on more "complete" artworks and so far... I'm in so much pain Its really annoying how easy is to completely mess up the proportions and perspectives, but I guess I can only keep practicing
xW1ByDU.jpg
Apologies for the bugs featured in the Red Light preview build (although it is a preview), they should've been fixed in the new patch I just released. View the previous profile post for a link to the Itch.io.
Generate 27 Plugins in 1 File | RPG Maker News #106

Feeling cute, might make an essay on the presence of Malaise in the gaming industry. idk
Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiYe