Font Not Working - Script Interference?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Link to a copy of my game with none of the uneeded files. I am trying to use a font called "Windbuchen Regular", and I cannot for the life of me get it to work on my project. It does work on new projects, so I am certain it has something with the scripts, but I can't figure out where the problem is. Can anyone take a look and offer some insight? It doesn't pop any errors, it just doesn't recognise it.

My main project (for which the above is a copy) is this: https://lord-rutsah.itch.io/broken-reality-rpg

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Simple mistake. You put in the wrong font name.
You are using Windbuchen Regular and the font is called "Windbuchen"
not "Windbuchen Regular"
Also you don't need to use "Windbuchen:, "Windbuchen", "Windbuchen"
Just put it there once.
The multiple listing is for using different fonts if the previous one is not found.
the order is left to right 1, 2, 3.
if one is not found then it looks for two and so on.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Simple mistake. You put in the wrong font name.
You are using Windbuchen Regular and the font is called "Windbuchen"
not "Windbuchen Regular"
Also you don't need to use "Windbuchen:, "Windbuchen", "Windbuchen"
Just put it there once.
The multiple listing is for using different fonts if the previous one is not found.
the order is left to right 1, 2, 3.
if one is not found then it looks for two and so on.
Nope, I had tried all the common issues I had found on the net before posting here. None of them fix it. Also in the file details the name is "Windbuchen Regular", which is the name I am supposed to use. Again, exact codes for main copy-pasted in other projects work. There's an issue somewhere else, probably with the scripts.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the file details the name is "Windbuchen Regular", which is the name I am supposed to use.
incorrect.
If you double click on the file. Windows font viewer should open. in the top left is the font name.
Which comes up as Windbuchen - not Windbuchen Regular.
1614686724594.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In my experience from other projects, the Title listed in the details of the file, which is Windbuchen Regular, is the one needed.
Still, that's not the issue, I've tried all possible combinations of it. It's not working. Try it yourself.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Still not working for me, I have no idea why.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are four possible reasons why a font can fail, the one disucces above is only one of them
because of this it is STRONGLY suggested to place a default font later in the font sequence, so that Windows has a fallback instead of completely failing.

1) wrong name for the font used
2) font not correctly installed (in wrong directory, or local windows can't load anymore fonts or so
3) multiple script overrides - the font used is the one in the latest/lowest script/plugin as all earlier lines are overwritten
4) typo or other error in the lines for the font substitution

In the case above, most likely the OP has two or more of the blocks, which is why it doesn't work for him but for Roninator. I suggest changing the font name and then looking for the other error after that.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you just screenshot what you changed in the code Ronin? It's driving me nuts.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Capture.PNG
I have tried installing the font, writing it as "Windbuchen Regular" and "Windbuchen Regular (TrueType)", and "Windbuchen.ttf". No combination does anything.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The fix is quite simple.
You are editing at the wrong place.
You use Yanfly's Message System script, and that sets a separate font type for the message box.
Change the font type used there too.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The fix is quite simple.
You are editing at the wrong place.
You use Yanfly's Message System script, and that sets a separate font type for the message box.
Change the font type used there too.
Gods! Finally, thank you. I knew it was something like that.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCBill