Font Rendering fix?

rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Maybe I'm crazy, but the font rendering feels really awful in RMMZ.

I installed VisuStella's core plugin and disabled blurring (since I'm working on a pixel art game) and everything looks great except the fonts. They just render so terribly, I'm not sure what I can do about it.

I disabled the outline on the text that comes built-in and it still just looks so bad. For reference, I'm using a pixel font (Munro). I attached examples.

Really wish there was a port of Victor's SFonts plugin. )':

Attachments

rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Using different fonts kinda improves it, but it's still not great. I might try to fiddle with Victor's MV SFonts plugin and try to port it.

Edit: I'm way in over my head so that's not gonna happen haha. I'll have to just deal with it. I'm sure the only person it bothers is me / the dev and players probably won't even notice.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.
Ami
Me: It's dark cloudy! I hope it's Rain…
(2-3 Hours Later,Changed To Sunny)
Me: :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatisGachi