• Potions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baked goods (pies, cakes, etc.)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Drinks

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Food

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (If this one, please specific in the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is my very first time making a topic so I hope I'm placing this in the right section. Everything I place here, I've made for a game I'm trying to create but let's face it. Life gets in the way and the time you wish to spend on game making gets spent doing other things. I make pixel pictures when the feeling takes me so feel free to check my Deviant Art page.

Terms of Use & Credit
Credit: Please credit me (either Lunarflame or Ashley Bishop) if you do plan on using them
Non-Commercial Use: Yes and pm me the name of the game so I can play it when completed :D
Commercial Use: Yes, But please inform me so I can keep an eye out for it. I want to see my items in use and shed many tears of joy from them being used.
Repost: If you wanna share please send ppl to this post (I don't wanna be surprised to see them elsewhere without knowing) ^^;
Edits: Yes, you can edit and or recolor but please credit me (I did spend a bit of time making them)
Repost of Edits: As long as you credit me for the original I'm fine with it
Maker Required: MV
Yes, I would like to be told they're going to be used.

38209-3b9bf467b400f5391c580eb732f4bef5.jpg

The last 3 glasses were from Avery's tutorial. So credit her and abide her rules.

38215-771c6868af91648967d23a0cd3072294.jpg

Last row of bottles was courtesy of Avery's tutorial. Please credit her and abide by her rules if using.

38211-9ce92aa6d0792ee0eee7ed0cd4ca761a.jpg

38217-c32bde61548030c8e2d15365e37745c4.jpg
38218-01cd13565d7e62a391859562f69fe3d9.jpg

38212-adb7c4ba561297e7f8402a9181b73717.jpg
38219-c05757228031c98511330c661345e06f.jpg

Please feel free at any time to suggest my next creation. I'll take it under advisement since I do have fun making these. :D

Attachments

• Food Items sheet.png
    Food Items sheet.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 505
  • Misc Items.png
    Misc Items.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 366
  • Weapons n shields.png
    Weapons n shields.png
    11 KB · Views: 326
  • Staves.png
    Staves.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 283
  • Potion bottles 2.png
    Potion bottles 2.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 395
  • Potion bottles1.png
    Potion bottles1.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 352
  • Keys (32).png
    Keys (32).png
    11.7 KB · Views: 342
  • Keys (48).png
    Keys (48).png
    18.9 KB · Views: 343
  • Royal Chaotic Shield.png
    Royal Chaotic Shield.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
they re adorable :D  (also love your stuff on deviantart) keep going u re doing great :)

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I enjoy the style. Looks quite nice to me. :) :thumbsup-right:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nice work!!  The graphics are cute.  I think your "shinier" objects look better than the "duller" ones, in general.

Derex000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
These are really cute! Good job! I'd love to see more along a similar line. About half a year ago I was making a mod for Starbound and it was a food/cooking mod. Despite being small making all of those pixel icons is actually really time consuming. Most people don't expect it when they find out how much time it takes.

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice work!!  The graphics are cute.  I think your "shinier" objects look better than the "duller" ones, in general.

Thank you. I make these in Aseprite so I've been fooling around with a layering effect to make them more or less shiny. The few I tried to make with a sheen turned them into shiny colored balls instead of food so I made them somewhat duller as you put it. XD

These are really cute! Good job! I'd love to see more along a similar line. About half a year ago I was making a mod for Starbound and it was a food/cooking mod. Despite being small making all of those pixel icons is actually really time consuming. Most people don't expect it when they find out how much time it takes.

It does take me a bit to make them especially when I'm staring at the piece of food in general. Like right now I'm staring at potato and wondering if I really can pixelate a potato XD  My favorite is the cherry, I like how it turned out.

I did to a few recolors on some of them I'm just waiting until I make a few more to really post them so just wait patiently. ^_^

More food stuffs and recolors of fruit :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright made more. Updated my first post. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I should make next? Yay! Just figured out how to use a spoiler.....I feel so dumb. XD

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey there kinda good idea, but i feel like you could polish those icons and i got some tips to achieve that :D

1. Add some outlines, this will make the icon look more finished.

2. Try to improve the color palette and the shading for objects like the lemon. For the tomato you was already pretty good with shading and color selection  :D

At the lemon we got kinda no darker parts, but the lemon can't be hit by lightning everywhere ;)

I hope that i was able to help you :)

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there kinda good idea, but i feel like you could polish those icons and i got some tips to achieve that :D

1. Add some outlines, this will make the icon look more finished.

2. Try to improve the color palette and the shading for objects like the lemon. For the tomato you was already pretty good with shading and color selection  :D

At the lemon we got kinda no darker parts, but the lemon can't be hit by lightning everywhere ;)

I hope that i was able to help you :)

Hmm...I can put an outline on them but should it be the black outline or just darker color of the food item? As for the lemon, I tried to placing the lighting on one side, but as you can see kinda got carried away. ^^;

Thank you for the tips, I'll try them out on the pieces I've already made and post them here for comparison.

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm alive, people. Just had some stuff get in the way of working on my items. ^^; I'll try to make up the lost time soon.

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok today I decided to make mushrooms. I made them with and without the outline. (For some reason I like the ones without an outline.) Maybe its just me. But I digress. Here you go.

Mushrooms.png

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I honestly couldn't tell you. Maybe "near-perfect" was a bit of an understatement. Just didn't want to sound hyperbolic lol. These are really good and very usable just the way they are. I'd love to see some more food items from you! Maybe various cans of soda?

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm....Cans of soda you say? I could possibly do that. XD

Here's more.

I'm placing the outlined lemon here first before I tweak it. Some people might like it as is. 

Outlines.png

Also I want to share with you guys my love of keys. I really love skeleton keys. XD

Keys.png

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I really dig the new additions, Lunarflame. Those keys are fantastic, and will come in very handy for dungeons!

Maidlyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been getting into YuGiOh again!
Gameboy Tiles, Cure Writer's Block, Animations on Menu, Generate Tasks | RPG Maker News #40

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?
Learn MV sales goal = 2%
NSFW game sales goal = 2500% (no jokes) :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmaxkub