Footsteps Plugin for PVG Medieval Sprites.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by JRand, Nov 25, 2018.

1. JRand

JRand Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does anyone know of the best footsteps plugin to use with PVG sprites, and does anyone have any recommended audio?

I've tried Yanfly's plugin with some footstep audio but none of it has worked well.

(The steps usually don't line up properly or they seem to echo until they're a cacophony.)

Thank you!

2. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You can get Galv's plugin here: https://galvs-scripts.com/2015/12/12/mv-character-frames/

There is a demo there with the footsteps sound effect plugin. I just tried it out in my game and it works awesome!
    Make sure to have the sound effect play on frames 1 and 5 only, this will sync up the footfalls exactly with the animation. This is something you setup in the plugin itself, very easy.

As for the sound effect itself, I *just* got the RPG Game Dev Humble Bundle (only a couple days left) and there are a lot of great sound effects included in some of the packs, including some for various types of foot steps, which I am using in my game now.

Hopefully this helps!

JRand likes this.
  3. JRand

JRand Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you, Jesse!

Since I'm using parallax mapping, I'm not sure this'll work for me. I'm not using tilesets, just drawn maps; if I could bind the sound to regions, it'd work, but not with "terrain tags."

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2018