Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
title.png

DEMO:
Link

VIDEOS:

Auggie and Low are simple treasure hunters who have just traveled to a new region in search of fortune. They planned for everything to be business as usual but things seldom work normally for this unusual duo. Through unfortunate side trips, side tracks, brick walls and road blocks. Not to mention gaining the new attention of an unforeseen nemesis. We'll follow Auggie and Lowfox on their quest for hidden treasures. But in the end, will it all have been worth it?

Gameplay

• Turn Based Strategy. Level up and learn skills to gain tactical advantages in battle.
  • Unconventional Duo: Overcoming battles will require extra strategy by utilizing Auggie and Low's unique class abilities as combat-mage and thief to turn the tide of battle.
  • Unique Skills. Surviving the many foes will be tough. But Auggie and Low will be equiped with an arsenal of character specific abilities that will exploit enemy weaknesses and strengthen their own skills in unique ways. Neither of them are your usual armor-clad knight or powerful wizard, but they do have versatility and cunning to overcome enemies in unusual ways. It won't be easy but it will be fun!
Characters.
aug_5.png
Auggie is the last Red Knight cadet before the order was disbanded. He travels the world, helping those in need as a means to strengthen his abilities.

Actor_2.png
Lowfox is a "Treasure Hunter". Aside from escaping city guards and outlaws alike, not much is known about this adventurer. He now travels the lands with Auggie in pursuit of treasure and adventure.

World.
The story takes place in a fantasy realm where swords, sorcery and fantastic steam technology are commonplace. There may very well be political instability, infighting, intrigue or corruption; but none of this is of concern to our main characters. In this story we will experience the world solely through Auggie and Low.

Screenshots
newest1.png
newest3.png
screenshot 10.jpg
screenshot 1.jpg
screenshot 4.jpg
screenshot 6.jpg
screenshot 11.jpg
screenshot 12.jpg
screenshot 13.jpg

Credits:
PLUGINS: Yanfly, Vicor Saint, Galv, Moghunter, SumRndmDde, Jason R. Godding, Hime, Cellicom, Blackmorning, Mrcopra, DreamX
RESOURCES: Thazlon, Pandamaru, Avery, Hiddenone, Mrpyramidhead, Haydeos, Yogikun, 7Soul1, Lupinos, TheHharmp

Last edited:

Low

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thank you. Will be updating this with more info and a demo within a few days. Trying to wrap up a clean little demo as we speak.

gub

you're loser.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Count me in too, interested in trying this. The art looks great by the way.

Reactions: Low

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm really liking the project. It looks like you put some time into your battle system, which is good because I'm looking forward to challenging battles.
The default character sprites, facesets, and busts look great, and the menu is elegant, and pleasing to look at.
The mapping in your screenshots, especially the sewer, looks quite basic. However, you utilize space well, and your screenshots did invoke the feeling of being in a sewer, or being in a small town.

From what I read, there wasn't much detail of the actual plot. I'm excited to see what your overall story is, you're dialogue, and some more of the in game systems.

I can't wait to see your demo, count me in as a play tester for sure!

Low

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm really liking the project. It looks like you put some time into your battle system, which is good because I'm looking forward to challenging battles.
The default character sprites, facesets, and busts look great, and the menu is elegant, and pleasing to look at.
The mapping in your screenshots, especially the sewer, looks quite basic. However, you utilize space well, and your screenshots did invoke the feeling of being in a sewer, or being in a small town.

From what I read, there wasn't much detail of the actual plot. I'm excited to see what your overall story is, you're dialogue, and some more of the in game systems.

I can't wait to see your demo, count me in as a play tester for sure!
Thanks for the kind words! My partner and I have put a lot of work into the art. Unfortunately our strengths lie mostly in artwork and writing. We are relying heavily on custom plugins but we have definitely put a lot of work into the story and battle system. We are pulling most of the world and characters from our webcomic, so the plot will serve as a prequel of sorts to that story. More updates to come very soon with demo.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice. Looks good. Good art! Question: are the battlers animated?

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
- When lowfox drops the stone in the water and you finish your conversation lowfox doesn't auto join the part but joins when you walk over him. Looks weird to me.
- The battlers are static but the main chars have nice movement graphics. I would go for animated battlers.
- some cut scenes make your characters look move weird because you use gather followers. I use fade-in/out more than letting the player see these flaws. They are mostly at the beginning and end of a cutscene so fading in and out gives more of a cut scene feeling.
- I personally find the battles a bit boring, the goblin boss was easier to kill then the 3 goons although he looked way more powerful.
- Story wise I think I didn't really get a good feel what the 2 characters personalities are. I think they can be more interesting if they give more opinions of things and saying these things with words that reflect their personalities.

For the general part, it was fun but I am not a fan of random encounters especially when it is just hack and slash by holding space bar or spamming 1 skill. I think you have to put in more things so the game really gets the feeling that it should be otherwise you will get people bashing you for the current content. That being said I would still like to play your demo again when you up the graphics, events, etc. So ping me up again when you do if you need some testing and want some feedback.

Low

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
For the general part, it was fun but I am not a fan of random encounters especially when it is just hack and slash by holding space bar or spamming 1 skill. I think you have to put in more things so the game really gets the feeling that it should be otherwise you will get people bashing you for the current content. That being said I would still like to play your demo again when you up the graphics, events, etc. So ping me up again when you do if you need some testing and want some feedback.

Thanks for taking time to play it! I will consider all those points. I'm debating if I should provide a much later dungeon of the game as a demo where they will have more skills and tougher monsters to showcase the heart of the battle system, or to beef up the intro of the game to be a bit more challenging than it was. My goal was to sort of ease the player into the more difficulty after a few maps, but I also don't want it to be too boring. I will still make it a little tougher for that boss battle and provide a few more skills to the player at least.

Low

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Demo has been updated. A few gameplay modifications have been implemented such as Yanfly's turn order. Demo now showcases some more skills and enemies along with a taste of the dual techs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Demo has been updated. A few gameplay modifications have been implemented such as Yanfly's turn order. Demo now showcases some more skills and enemies along with a taste of the dual techs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
I'll do my best to get around to this in the next couple of days - been super busy with my own game at the moment (And life), but I figure if I play your game, then hopefully you'll return the favor :guffaw:

Low

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'll do my best to get around to this in the next couple of days - been super busy with my own game at the moment (And life), but I figure if I play your game, then hopefully you'll return the favor :guffaw:
I know the feeling. I been working hard to get the demo in decent shape but now that it's up I will try and get around to checking yours out next. Thanks!

Haydeos

The Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Nice demo! I felt compelled to try it after seeing my name in the credits XD

The battle system definitely keeps me thinking, even though I never actually felt in danger of losing.

Very lively cut-scenes, the battlers are well designed, I'm curious as to who made them for you!

I noticed one small graphical mishap to point out to you:
ekth9Va.png

Overall it's definitely a project to keep an eye on!

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No time to play but willing to play it.

Low

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Nice demo! I felt compelled to try it after seeing my name in the credits XD

The battle system definitely keeps me thinking, even though I never actually felt in danger of losing.

Very lively cut-scenes, the battlers are well designed, I'm curious as to who made them for you!

I noticed one small graphical mishap to point out to you:
ekth9Va.png

Overall it's definitely a project to keep an eye on!
Ah thanks for pointing that out. Sometimes I don't see this things in the editor.

I made the player character battlers and a few enemy ones. Thalzon created the majority I'm using for enemies though.

I'm happy you took time to play. The difficulty is something we are still working on. Maybe I started the demo off with too many things to keep you alive.

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was actually watching your videos and wanted to try your game.

Heh? Which one? The big bro and lil sis or the red guy with green guy?

Low

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Heh? Which one? The big bro and lil sis or the red guy with green guy?
The big bro and sis. I liked the duo aspect as it seemed similar to what I was trying to do.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryker15