RMMV For the Treasure

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Low, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Adam1013

Adam1013 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey would you be interested in having your game live streamed on twitch? We’re looking to do more games and I’ve loved your project since driftwood played it.

Send me a PM if you’re interested, thanks! :)

2. Low

Low Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Happy to hear that. It's our first good build but it's been improved quite a bit. On map encounters now and lots of visual upgrades. Hopefully we can release the new demo after the holidays.

Thomas Smith likes this.
  3. Low

Low Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hey I would love that. If it's okay to give us a short time to release the latest improved build that would be awesome. Lots of changes and improvements. We would love some feedback.

Lonewulf123 likes this.
  4. Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I want to see more for sure! You did an amazing job!

Low likes this.
  5. Doryan92

Doryan92 Warper Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, devs! I've seen the first impression video of your game, and I really would like to try the demo but couldn't see a build for mac. Is there any chance you will do one?

Thanks.

6. Ghaleon484

Ghaleon484 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have always loved the presentation of this game, absolutely stunning! Keep up the amazing work, good sir! =)

Low and Thomas Smith like this.
  7. SleepyMachine

SleepyMachine Stressed, Half Dressed, and Horribly Depressed lol Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This game is so aesthetically pleasing, and like, way too much fun XD

Low likes this.
  8. Dankovsky

Dankovsky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    RU
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Like the others I loved the demo. I wanted to ask you what are your development plans? Are you still working on the game? Do you plan to release it and when?

9. Low

Low Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I'm happy you have taken interest! Had a lot of set backs but we have made tons of progress and are so close to wrapping up a updated demo. Hopefully in a couple days if all goes to plan

10. Dankovsky

First Language:
    RU
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's great to hear! Too many great projects have been abandoned and I'm glad FTT is not joining them anytime soon.
    To me your game is a great example for other RPG Makers to study of how you can create commercial quality games with RPGMaker, especially in terms of visual presentation. Perfect UI, custom art, combat, animation and all things visual are what makes your game stand out. Writing and story, so far, are alright, though not outstanding. I do feel that the maps are lacking and the default world sprites/faces are not a perfect fit (not that they're bad), but I'm sure that's something you could improve.

11. Low

Low Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Yes we are seeing this project through for sure. We are trying to replace as much of the defaults as possible as we progress. Feedback is much needed as we change/improve so we are working hard to get this update out for review. Thanks so much for the feedback so far. I'm glad we are heading in the right direction. We hope to stay on that.

12. Dankovsky

First Language:
    RU
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Good luck, I'll be sure to check the updated demo!

13. Drifter92

Drifter92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looking forward to trying out an updated demo! :) keep up the good work

Low likes this.
  14. Low

Low Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    DEMO

Here's the latest build of the demo. We've had a few obstacles and set backs we are still trying to overcome. Mostly computer issues. But any feedback would be greatly appreciated. There are a lot of changes from the first build we may or may not keep depending how well it tests out. Mainly on screen encounter, no over world map, and an atb system. Also, we are in the process of making taller sprites for the game. So a few chibi may remain in world at the moment. Enjoy!

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  15. Drifter92

Drifter92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just had a quick play of this before work. Very cool! All the menus are so nice and the battle system is a ton of fun :) Great work!

Low likes this.
  16. Dankovsky

First Language:
    RU
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey Low. Just had a fun go at the updated demo. It's pretty long now! I was just scribbling random thoughts while playing, and I thought I'd share them with you, hopefully they'll be any useful (player feedback is hard to come by nowadays and every dev deserves some). I didn't finish it yet (about 1 hr in, just got Shockie).
    new title screen is top-notch!
    the updated maps are great
    great voice acting! did you do it yourself?
    ring for ability choosing is not very responsive
    not a big fan of ATB but it seems to work fine here
    cheers for onscreen enemies!
    can't get used to tall sprites. they look too big for the environment for some reason - maybe because I played the old demo?
    new menu screen looks good, but I think the old one was more practical and responsive
    love the enemy book!
    I love how enemy sprites, character sprites and bg match each other on battle screen. great job!
    love that the demo got extended <3
    animated bgs in battle (clouds) are great
    learn skills & AP seem to be unbalanced at the moment, sort of? also there isn't much equipment
    i like the updated mapping, although there are some errors here and there, and the elevated ledges don't seem to be shown correctly sometimes. mapping also gets a bit repetitive after 1st zone
    love your action sequences and combat animation <3
    might make combat animation a little faster or add yanfly's customizable animation speed plugin
    it's too easy to gain limit at the moment, I think. unless that's the point. almost always at 100% and using it to oneshot trash mobs
    it's definitely fun AND pretty. I wish most RPGM games were like this (definitely the ones released on Steam)
    DoT (burn) is too weak. also can't see any reason to disable DoT knockout
    could really use some AoE skills
    I like how you separate "miss" and "evade" messages. is there a plugin that does it? I'm not sure default engine allows it.
    during the forest I took the road to the beach... travelled 10 minutes there and fought a lot of enemies. only for Aug to say "let's not go into that cave" at the end. backtracking lol!
    I found two invisible lumberjacks
    i like how it doesn't lag at all... unlike my project :(
    shockie joins at level 6, while my characters are already level 11...
    some minor passability errors
    town NPCs aren't very useful

17. Low

Low Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english

I really appreciate the feedback. You touched on a lot of points i am on the fence about still so it helps to hear your opinions. I agree about the menu. It's hard to choose sometimes between flashy and just practical so i may end up reworking that. I really should scale back on the tp and dual attacks. I may have to adjust it or see how difficult we make battles later to justify it.

As for the voice acting , I had to buy voices but I really like it. And apologies for the road blocks everywhere. We don't have content beyond some points still so there should be less of that.

Thank you for the feedback I will be noting a lot of this down.

18. Dankovsky

First Language:
    RU
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm glad this was helpful!
    Can you tell which site you used to order the voice acting? I know there are several but I'm curious which you used!
    By the way, I got up to the library, from where the two adventurers came and triggered Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function. Before that it said something about missing Cybercity BGM (or something). So this looks like the end of the road for me! It's been very fun so far :)
    I could give some critique regarding the story, mapping and general flow, but frankly I don't want to because the combat was very fun and the game is pretty light hearted and not some fantasy epic.
    P.S. Really loved Emma's sprite (both overworld and battler) and face/bust graphics.

19. Low

Low Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Wow I'm really happy you played it through. That error was actually the end of the demo so no worries there. That's as far as we were intending for demo purposes. There might have been only a little more dialog but that's where we had wrapped it up. I will have to look up the voice acting site and get right back to you. Thank you again!

20. Dankovsky

First Language:
    RU
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haha, okay. Kind of sad to have the demo end with a game-crashing bug, LOL! Was hoping for a cliffhanger at least!
    Anyway, keep up the good work! I'll be around.