Nocturnal

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do any of you have a .mvtileset file you're willing to share?

Thx in advance

:p

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@beliziam does that have the .mvtileset files from the plugin?  He's not after the tiles themselves, but the tileset data (created by that plugin), so he doesn't have to go through and set them all up manually. There is nothing in the product description to indicate the settings are included.

@Nocturnal did you check with the artist to see if he could give them to you?  I would imagine he has a project with all the tileset flags set correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@beliziam does that have the .mvtileset files from the plugin?  He's not after the tiles themselves, but the tileset data (created by that plugin), so he doesn't have to go through and set them all up manually. There is nothing in the product description to indicate the settings are included.

You mean a sample game where he can copy the settings from. I guess there isnt such a thing. I own the set heres a screenshot of the folder maybe i dont see it ^^. 

Didnt even know there were plugins to do that^^

pophorror.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No.  Take a look at the plugin he linked.  The idea is that someone who has the tileset and has set up all the flags correctly can export those flags and give the file to others.  They can then import the flags.  It saves every person having to manually set all the flags.

Can you look in the Tilesets folder and see if there are any MVTileset type files?  Or just show a screenshot of the Tilesets folder, preferably with file extensions visible?

It's not sharing the resources - it's sharing the tileset flags, through a file created with that plugin, so others can just import the data.  They would already have the tilesets themselves.

I suspect if he's already got the MV version of the tileset, that those files aren't included.  

Anybody who is using the tileset and has all the flags set would be able to grab that plugin, add some notes to the tileset to export the settings, run the game and generate the file.  Then the notes and the plugin can be removed.  I tried to make it really simple to use so it wouldn't be a great inconvenience for people to share their tileset flags.

beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here it is and as far as i can see the needed stuff isnt there:

pop tiles.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, it's not there.

It's so depressing that I've made such a great plugin (and script for Ace) that's such a HUGE timesaver, and nobody is using it.  The plan was for all tileset packs to include these files.  @Lunarea is there anything we can do to get artists to include these settings when they submit tilesets to the store?

Nocturnal

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I asked Hexed and she does not use the plugin IIRC.

I appreciate the help btw. :p

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I do indeed use the script/plugin, there's a Lazy Tilesets script file included in the Ace version of the set. I don't think the MV version of the plugin was available when I first converted the set to MV and submitted it for sale, though I should have checked before the pack actually went up for sale. If it was available, my bad.

I actually lost a lot of data a while back so I may not have an MV project with everything set up, but I'll try to get things set up all nicely and get the file uploaded. Apologies for the delayed response, I don't get the opportunity to check the forums as much as I'd like these days.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The MV plugin came with the DLC when the engine was first released.  So it was there, but kinda hidden away.

I hope you can find an intact project :)

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz Ah, yeah I must have just missed it then. Sorry!

Couldn't find an intact project, but it didn't take too long to sort out. Files are attached below - there's three .MVTileset files, one for General Exteriors, one for Exteriors with the Nature A5 tilesheet variant selected and one for Interiors. As long as you match up the tileset file names with the database tileset numbers [place the B sheet into the B slot, the C sheet into the C slot etc.] you shouldn't have any issues setting these up.

I'll send these off to be added into the next pack update too, though I don't know when that will be just yet!

View attachment POP-Horror-City_Lazy-Tilesets-MV.rar

KamiSawZe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oof!  I wish I would have seen this a couple weeks ago.  I already went through and set up all the collisions in my PHC project manually the way they made sense to me. Good to know this exists for next time though!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have any of you read Sutter Kane?
My winter pack is now free on itch.io!
Writing music for Utara Forest, a location in All the King's Men. Nothing evokes a mysterious, dreamy sound like solo clarinet and modulation!
Man, nobody has created an MZ state animation plugin outside of VisuStella. That breaks my heart.
Finnuval wrote on Alador's profile.
Cute new avatar you got there ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdiouf