jchedges

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I apologize since I think this has been asked before, but it looked like an older threat.

Say someone wants to make a choices window timed, or simply get affected by a parallel event. How does one call the cancel handler with a script call?

I'm guessing it has something to do with this function, but I'm having syntax trouble with calling it for a currently open choices window:

Window_ChoiceList.prototype.callCancelHandler = function() {

$gameMessage.onChoice($gameMessage.choiceCancelType());

this._messageWindow.terminateMessage();

this.close();

};

I think this could have a ton of utility. I hope we can figure it out together and benefit everyone!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't tested this at all, but try:

Code:
$gameMessage.onChoice(n)

where n is the index of the cancel option (or whichever option you want to be chosen when the timeout happens), keeping in mind the top one is probably index 0.

jchedges

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that doesn't appear to work. I tried both from another parallel event and within the same event with no luck.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Googling "hime timed choices" has a plugin that does exactly that as the first result:

Was that really so hard that it was necessary to necro-post in a 6 year old thread?

LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Googling "hime timed choices" has a plugin that does exactly that as the first result:

Was that really so hard that it was necessary to necro-post in a 6 year old thread?
I don't want a timer, I want to force close a show choices on command.
It might have that feature though.
I actually did do several different google searches and looked through several threads and none of them seemed to have what I was looking for.

edit : looks like it does have the feature I needed, thankyou

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phunction