Force Action: Enemy attacks specific actor?

Captain_Joshua

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the Force Action tab, the index #1-7 thing is something I don't really understand and after looking it up online, I didn't find any proper answer for this, so...

I'm trying to make it so that a specific boss knocks out all actors (ID 2, 3, 4) in the party, except for the main character who has the character ID one. For that, I have made a skill that is guaranteed to knock out the target. For this I have set multiple Else/If calls in the battle, which checks if the actor in question is knocked out. Here, the plan was to have the Force Action activate and knock them out if they aren't. The only issue with that is that for some reason it won't actually let me have an enemy target a specific actor. Is there some way to get it to work this way? Or is there some kind of work around?Is it possible with the help of some kind of plugin?

If this is the wrong place to put this, I apologize and I will remake the thread in the correct forum.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In the Force Action tab, the index #1-7 thing is something I don't really understand and after looking it up online, I didn't find any proper answer for this, so...
That index cares about the slot in the party, not who is in it. The first index would target the person at the front of the party.

Outside of plugins, I'm not entirely certain. A workaround would be to not let the player access to Formation, then you can guarantee where a given character will be in the index. Another could be to temporarily make that character invulnerable to the attack with a state for a moment (maybe immune to the element or max evasion).

However, you are doing something very simple in just trying to knock out party members. One option is to have an attack that does nothing that hits everyone and then sets knock out to everyone that isn't the main character. It will likely look the same to the player and not rely on needing things to work a certain way. The downside is that this gets around death attack immunity, but that's not usually an issue for 'cutscene attacks'.

Captain_Joshua

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That index cares about the slot in the party, not who is in it. The first index would target the person at the front of the party.

Outside of plugins, I'm not entirely certain. A workaround would be to not let the player access to Formation, then you can guarantee where a given character will be in the index. Another could be to temporarily make that character invulnerable to the attack with a state for a moment (maybe immune to the element or max evasion).

However, you are doing something very simple in just trying to knock out party members. One option is to have an attack that does nothing that hits everyone and then sets knock out to everyone that isn't the main character. It will likely look the same to the player and not rely on needing things to work a certain way. The downside is that this gets around death attack immunity, but that's not usually an issue for 'cutscene attacks'.
The cutscene attack in question, would essentially be the boss quickly walking up to actor 2, 3 , 4 and sucker punching them before being knocked out by actor 1. I have it set so that Actor 1 is always locked to be at the front of the party but the rest of the party can be freely chosen, as to who takes up which spot in the party or if they aren't in the party at all.

So, in this example, if I had the boss use their skill on Index 2, Index 3 and Index 4, it would knock out the party members in those spots, correct? While not targeting the one in the front of the party.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, in this example, if I had the boss use their skill on Index 2, Index 3 and Index 4, it would knock out the party members in those spots, correct? While not targeting the one in the front of the party.
That's how it should work, yes. I'd suggest trying it out in a test battle so you don't have to go through a boss fight to see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist Part 2 ---

Survivalist: Now,I going to Test you: Fishing with Spear
M.Spear Knight: Leave it to me.
(M.Spear Knight Spearing the Fish with His Battle Spear)
M.Spear Knight: How it is?
Survivalist: I know you did it,but...Is that the Spear for Battle,not for Fishing?
M.Spear Knight: But,is that same?
Survivalist: (Sigh)...Whatever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SosukeTheBro