Force action on turn 0?

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by cloakedranger, Jan 20, 2015.

1. cloakedranger

cloakedranger Snail Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm trying to get skills and attacks to be used before the battle essentially starts... using "turn 0" in the troop conditions, I can get other stuff to work, but not force action (since it seems to only work during the turn phase). A friend found this script https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/instant-cast/ which seems to do what I'm looking for, but I need something like this for XP. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Could you make it work by using force action on turn 1 instead, and add a state to the others making them unable to act for one turn?That would effectively do the same thing, the only thing that would be off is the turn counter. I imagine that should be possible in XP still?

3. cloakedranger

First Language:
    English
    Doing it on turn 1 could work, if I could disable all the menu stuff in order to get to that point; so that all my commands would still appear to be happening right when the battle starts.

4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hmmm...add a state to the party before battle begins to stun them for one turn (or some state that makes them unable to act for one turn)? That should then just let the monsters move, and you can force action with them. However, if you mean for the party members to force an action too that will not work as far as I know (though I could be wrong, can't hurt to try).

My knowledge of XP is limited though I'm afraid, I mainly use ACE. Hopefully this is of some help still!

5. cloakedranger

First Language:
    English
    Sadly I'll need to allow both enemies and actors the force action. It's a silly limitation for them to have put on force action, but one I'm sure can be lifted through script somehow.

6. cloakedranger

First Language:
    English
    Bumping... Not sure how I can explain things better (though I think the major problem is lack of XP support). I'm willing to accept alternatives... if someone could perhaps lead me to a script where I can skip to turn one (ignoring the fight/escape menu and pre-turn menu), I could always go with that. It still seems like this should be simple, but at this point I will honestly take whatever will work xD

7. Heretic86

Heretic86 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engrish
    You have to do it on Turn 1 as Turn 0 is reserved for pre-battle conversations.  Things like "show text..." will work, but battle commands dont have any result.  Turn 0, conversation, then up pops the "Fight / Escape" window, then Turn 1 is when the first actual battle takes place.  Trust me, that is how the default battle system is done.

Upside is that you run Scripts and cue battler actions on Turn 0, but can not engage into battle on turn 0 without some heavy modifying scripts.

8. cloakedranger

First Language:
    English
    Trust me, I'm well aware :p Which is why I'm asking for a SCRIPT to override it :) In fact, I posted something that will do exactly what I need, but was hoping someone could help with a XP version (or something similar). I'm willing to do it on turn 1 if need be, but that means I would still need to get rid of the pre-battle stuff.

9. cloakedranger

First Language:
    English
    Let's try this a different way... I realize the people who have experience with XP are probably very busy with their own projects right now; so perhaps someone could guide me to which script(s?) deals with the force action command? At least that way I could do some studying while I wait for any potential help :) I would love to figure this out on my own, but I've tried... and though I'm learning, I still can't make heads or tails of most of these. If I at least knew where it was located, I would have a better chance of answering this myself.

10. cloakedranger

First Language:
    English
    It would seem my problem has been solved... and rather unexpectedly.

I didn't try this originally because I really didn't think it would do what I wanted, but it turns out, force action still works while they're paralyzed xD Another reason is because I thought it would still go through the "fight/escape" menus, but it didn't. So using a "can't move" restriction state on turn 0, then force action command on turn 1 seems to do the trick :)

Although it took me awhile to realize it, your answer was in fact what I was looking for. Thank you very much :)

SuperMasterSword likes this.