Force "attack-loop" with forceAction(...)-command

romepizza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey guys & girls,

so my goal is to archieve a chain of attacking skills via the forceAction(skillid, battler) and BattleManager.forceAction(user) commands. I know there are some plugins out there, that do this kind of stuff, but since I work a lot with java script, I'd like to handle it this way (if even possible).

My problem is the following: Im using the <Post-Damage Eval> section of Yanfly's SkillCore plugin.

The notetag of the first Skill (#7) looks like this:

<Post-Damage Eval>

user.forceAction(8, target);

BattleManager.forceAction(user);

</Post-Damage Eval>

Skill #8 looks like this:

<Post-Damage Eval>

user.forceAction(9, target);

BattleManager.forceAction(user);

</Post-Damage Eval>

All of the skills just deal normal damage, nothing fancy (I'll do fancy stuff with it when it works).

I hoped that these three skills would be executed in a row, but they don't. Skill #7 executes as intended and so does #8, but #9 never does. Also, if I try to make an endless loop, by simply executing the very self skill in its own notebox, there also will always only be activated two of them.

Does anyone know what the obstacle might be?

My intuition says, that the engine might have some kind of recursion prevention detection or something like this, but i absolutely don't know if there aren't any other reasons behind this.

Thanks in advance,

romepizza

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoetsoi