SushiAssado

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I make a scene that the character breaks the fourth wall, closes the game, and when you open again, the game continues where you left off? like Doki Doki, Undertale, im scared, etc

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can close the game using a script call:
Code:
SceneManager.exit();

Before you do that, you can automatically save the game. Make sure you set a switch so that you don't create an infinite loop of loading the game and then closing it.

SushiAssado

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can close the game using a script call:
Code:
SceneManager.exit();

Before you do that, you can automatically save the game. Make sure you set a switch so that you don't create an infinite loop of loading the game and then closing it.

Ok Thanks that's works. But how do I do the autoload without the title screen or pressing load game? or can not do it? I want to force it to load when the X switch is active, or something like that, without the player needing to click continue

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you now have 2 distinct issues left to solve:

1) You need to have data that persists across saves.
The normal switches and variables are saved into Save1, Save2, etc. and by default aren't accessible until the player loads that save file. Look for plugins that create persistent data, there was one I remember by Hime but their site might be down

2) You need to skip the title scene based on a certain condition or not. There should be plenty of skip title scene plugins, and it just needs to be modified to skip based on a condition (which depends on how you do #1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Life01