Force dmg motion when receiving mp damage?

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps there's a way to do this already? Though I haven't found it. But is there another plug-in out there that forces the SV charset to use the damaged motion frames when being inflicted with MP damage from an enemy?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try a damage formula like this~
Code:
b.performDamage(); 50
I.e. "make the target do a damage motion, then return a value of 50 as the formula result". You can replace the 50 with your skill's formula.

If you want something more generally-applicable, you could try saving the following as a .js file (Save As > File Type: All Files, Filename: whateverYouLike.js) then import it like a plugin:
JavaScript:
(function(alias) {
	Window_BattleLog.prototype.displayMpDamage = function(target) {
		if (target.isAlive() && target.result().mpDamage > 0) {
			this.push('performDamage', target);
		}
		alias.apply(this, arguments);
	};
})(Window_BattleLog.prototype.displayMpDamage);
In theory (I haven't tested), this says "when displaying MP damage, if the target is alive and MP damage was done, make them do the damage motion; then do the usual stuff". :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.
Back in the old days, long before I was born, salted crisps - or potato chips, for you yanks - came unsalted and had a little pouch of salt to manually shake on it. Of course, things are more efficient now, but Walker's still brought back the old 'Salt 'N' Shake' style a couple years ago. Dunno why, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's because the nostalgia crowd were getting salty.
Guys I just want to sit around and work on my game! *gets lots and lots of money shoveled at him* Game, I don't recall a game. What game? :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zths