Force External Harmony.dll in RM2k 1.61

Discussion in 'RPG Maker 2000/2003' started by Tayruu, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Tayruu

Tayruu slate furry thing Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    I feel like this might be a fruitless question, but I thought I would ask about it anyway by this point.

The recent versions of RM2k and 2k3 now use an internal harmony.dll, which makes using patches that make use of this file impossible. I need to be able to refer to an external DLL, as a patch called Audieremony makes use of it.

The problem is no version of ForceHarmony that I can find is compatible with 1.61. ForceHarmony is/was a patch by Cherry to allow use of an external harmony DLL. Audieremony enables the use of OGGs, which would be ultra useful for dealing with the looping problem innate to mp3s, and filesize problems of wavs.

My question is if it's possible to have ForceHarmony updated to RM2k 1.61 (and whatever RM2k3 is up to), or some other method through which an external harmony.dll could be made use of. (Without using an out of date runtime.) ... or another kind of ogg/audio patch.

2. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As far as I know, Cherry's patches are against RM's EULA and hence are not particularly legal to use. I don't think you're going to get any help here.