Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello all,

I'm back with another question:
Is there a way to force a battler into a state like "Berserk" when TP reaches 100? I searched around in MZ's database but have come up empty so far.
I've realized that there is a plugin for MV that helps with passive states and forcing them but I haven't found something like that for MZ. It actually feels like that it could be done without a plugin but I can't figure it out.

Thank you!

rpgLord69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can't you just check the TP of your actors with control variables and then in the troop event cause a state with a conditional branch if the variable is at 100? There's probably plugins for that which make it easier though.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VisuStella's Skill and States plugin has passive states and their conditions.
Can't you just check the TP of your actors with control variables and then in the troop event cause a state with a conditional branch if the variable is at 100?
The trick with trying to do it via troop events is that there's not a good condition to use. The closest would be Turn, but then it's only checking at the end of each turn, which isn't helpful if you want your actor to go berserk as soon as their TP hits 100.

BedamX

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you! I got what I wanted through VisuStella's plugin

BedamX

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Soo ... follow up call for help:
I got the effect explained above working on my main character using VizuStella's plugin with the Notetags in the Status:

<JS Passive Condition>

condition =

$gameActors.actor(0001).tp == 100;

</JS Passive Condition>

Now I want to use the same method for a different status for my 3rd character, but the status just doesn't want to trigger. I did the exact same thing as for my main character but changed the 0001 to 0003:

<JS Passive Condition>

condition =

$gameActors.actor(0003).tp == 100;

</JS Passive Condition>

What did I miss?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid. I forgot to connect Actor and Status in the Actor's Notetag ...

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember to do even 0,01% progress on your game today! You can!
Watched a video of a kid in China leaning against a giant ceramic teletuby statue (valued at nearly $4000 apparently) in a toy store and everyone arguing whether it's the parents or the store's fault. I'm just sitting up wondering why anyone would make a giant ceramic toddler toy in the first place other than to deliberately cause exactly that from happening in the first place though.
Plans for vacation? Maybe I'll go visit
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RealVirg