KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to create a skill that would make a certain party member attract all incoming enemy attacks for a few turns. How could this be done?

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Makes sense. I totally forgot this word "taunt" :D I'll take a look. Thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
absolutely no need for plugins - just give the actor a state with a high target rate

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
only need taunt plugin for specific types of attacks. like taunt all physical hit type but magical hit types have normal targeting, or vise versa.
if just having it taunt all attack types then only need target rate states.

MarxMayhem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
absolutely no need for plugins - just give the actor a state with a high target rate
I thought about this too, but I remembered that TGR is just a chance to be targeted more or less by attacks: It's not a replica for a true taunt.

OP can try making all battlers start with 0% TGR, and then use your suggestion, but I'm still not sure how that will fare in actual play.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that TGR is just a chance to be targeted more or less by attacks:
but I'm still not sure how that will fare in actual play.
Don't let the limitations of the editor that force the number to be read as a percentage misdirect you into something that is not true.

The target rate function uses weight mathematics to determine the true target of the skill.
that 100% default should be read as "weight: 1" or "weight:100" depending on how you want to calculate.

True, just increasing the target rate does not make it impossible to target the other actors, but the probability to do so goes down extremely fast, especially if the state gets multiple target rate increases.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD
The more I read Calvin and Hobbes as an adult, the more I deeply respect Bill Watterson. Plenty of stuff flew over my head, but now that I'm old enough to appreciate the viewpoints he shared with the fun and imagination? I am grateful that C&H was basically my early childhood.
After years of relying on others and the community to help with making my games, I've decided to delve into the world of scripting. Thought I'd share a few simple scripts that I made that I'm very proud of and excited about!

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anderson_Linhares