- Nov 27, 2013
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Forest Life is a fishing + life-sim inspired by Animal Crossing (and similar cozy games) with a nostalgic GameBoy aesthetic.
SYNOPSISPlay as a young traveling beaver among other woodland creatures. You’re the newest resident in the town of (insert your town name) in the middle of an idyllic forest that’s perfect for fishing, gardening, and making friends! However, the townsfolk have suffered a series of earthquakes that have caused serious damages to roads and buildings. Is there anything you can do to help them?
GAMEPLAYForest Life’s gameplay revolves around catching and selling fish. You can use the money you’ve earned to pay for the Town Restoration Project to repair buildings and clear up roads in the forest to access more fishing spots. Earn a passive income by stocking the aquarium or growing crops. We’ve kept the game mechanics simple and relaxing. There’s around 3-4 hours of gameplay to reach the end, or you can more than double your playtime by diving into the side content.
- Customize your home with over 150 pieces of unique furniture, floorings, and wall hangings. Upgrade and expand your rooms! The Trendy Home Magazine may even review and give feedback on your home!
- Over 30 (31 to be exact) fish to catch! Upgrade your fishing rod to reel in bigger fish! Sell them to make money or donate your catch to the local aquarium. You can visit the aquarium and view your fish in its new habitat at any time.
- These whimsical townsfolk are excited to make new friends. They may even send you gifts if they take a liking to you.
- Games within a game! Carry around your PixelBoy and challenge other villagers to Pixel-Pet battles. Or set up a video game console in your home to play mini-games to pass the time.
- A small personal garden (sorry, this isn’t a full farm-sim) can earn you a little extra money on the side.
- There's plenty to do in town! The Auction House, the Crane Game, the hot spring, and more! But some of these spots have been damaged and you'll have to help fund the repairs to get them up and running again.
- Find wood in the forest to craft furniture or buy what you like at the local thrift store! There’s over 70 pieces of furniture to craft! The rest can be obtained through exploration, shops, and helping villagers.
- Explore the Forest north of town. You’ll meet characters, solve a few puzzles, explore secrets, and maybe discover the truth behind the recent earthquakes.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOME
CATCH & COLLECT FISH
FILL UP THE LOCAL AQUARIUM
MAKE NEW FRIENDS
DEVELOPMENTThe game is well into development and I'm hoping to release it by July 2023. Let me know what you think so far! And thank you for checking out this lil' game!