Creator of Forever Home
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Summary

Description

13 years in the making, Forever Home is a story-centric celebration of the golden age of RPGs. Throughout the 50+ hour adventure you'll use a battle system inspired by Squaresoft style action turn-based systems such as Final Fantasy VI or Chrono Trigger. The skill learning system combines the best features of Grandia II and the Final Fantasy VII Materia system.

The character-driven narrative contains a deeply emotional and adult-oriented story mixing tragedy and heartache with overcoming personal adversities and lighthearted humor. There's an incredible amount of content for a single indie developer, and the 13 year development cycle is reflective of this.

Soundtrack
76 original songs spanning almost 3 hours:

Screenshots

History
I'm a 31 year old professional software developer. In 2003 I started making an RPG, changed engines a couple times, wrote a full 30 to 60 hour long storyline, rewrote it, rewrote it again x 5, learned how to write music, learned about 10 different programming languages, and learned how to draw. I gave roughly 5 hours a night usually from 7pm to 12pm over the 13 year period.

2003 - Started making game and writing story
2004 - Hated the story so started over
2006 - Changed to a newer game engine (RmXP)
2009 - Gave up because of engine limitations. Couldn't do what I wanted so I nearly trashed everything and quit. Made another smaller Android game in the meantime but continued working on story details for the original game.
2012-2013 - Took classes on music theory
2013 - Changed to a newer engine (RpgMaker Vx Ace) and decided to go all-out until the game was done. Also rewrote major parts of the story.
Nov 1st, 2017 - Release!

FoppyOmega

Creator of Forever Home
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks! And congratz to you as well on all of your Steam releases.

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Congratulations on the release and for sticking through with your project! :kaojoy:
The screenshots and title are lovely.

It's been added to my Steam cart. I wish your game a great success ^_^ b

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Summary

Description

13 years in the making, Forever Home is a story-centric celebration of the golden age of RPGs. Throughout the 50+ hour adventure you'll use a battle system inspired by Squaresoft style action turn-based systems such as Final Fantasy VI or Chrono Trigger. The skill learning system combines the best features of Grandia II and the Final Fantasy VII Materia system.

The character-driven narrative contains a deeply emotional and adult-oriented story mixing tragedy and heartache with overcoming personal adversities and lighthearted humor. There's an incredible amount of content for a single indie developer, and the 13 year development cycle is reflective of this.

Soundtrack
76 original songs spanning almost 3 hours:

Screenshots

History
I'm a 31 year old professional software developer. In 2003 I started making an RPG, changed engines a couple times, wrote a full 30 to 60 hour long storyline, rewrote it, rewrote it again x 5, learned how to write music, learned about 10 different programming languages, and learned how to draw. I gave roughly 5 hours a night usually from 7pm to 12pm over the 13 year period.

2003 - Started making game and writing story
2004 - Hated the story so started over
2006 - Changed to a newer game engine (RmXP)
2009 - Gave up because of engine limitations. Couldn't do what I wanted so I nearly trashed everything and quit. Made another smaller Android game in the meantime but continued working on story details for the original game.
2012-2013 - Took classes on music theory
2013 - Changed to a newer engine (RpgMaker Vx Ace) and decided to go all-out until the game was done. Also rewrote major parts of the story.
Nov 1st, 2017 - Release!

I adore you @FoppyOmega :) people love your game

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington