RMVXA Forgotten Memories- Secrets of the past

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
Hello! I'm working on a open-world, second life style game where every choice you make matters. It's set for realism, like you need to eat and drink to survive.
I put over 1150+ hours and 150e in the game assets, and it has 8 hours of game play currently. I hope you enjoy it and leave some feedback.

1. Map is 150x120 squares big (The finished map will be 500x500 or even 2x(500x500).
  2. Quests 85(currently)
  3. Party member 2 (Currently. More members will be added in future as I work)
  4. Interactive spells (Casting spells require to be pressed in a sequence in set amount of time to work with 100% chance of it hitting)
  5. Day/Night cycle (Unlike most of RPGMaker games, day/night here determinate if you can enter a house freely or have to pick a lock (during the night. Some events and quests will trigger at night and quest givers/quest objective will only spawn at night (e.g.: Kill 10 owls (not an actual quest in game but for sake of reference)).
  6. Statuses: Hunger, Thirst and Sleep (If Hunger and thirst hits 0 your character dies. As sleep goes down, so do your stats but it's not fatal)
  7. Prison System (If there are friendly NPC's around the player and he chose to steal from them, he goes to prison with two options; A) Wait (~30seconds or 2 in game days) or B) Pay
  8. World Locations 24(170+ inside locations (including houses))
  9. Blackjack mini-game (for those who like to gamble and have fun on the side)
  10. 1000+ Interact-ables (bookshelf's, drawers, closets, boxes, etc)
  11. Lockpicking
  12. 700+ items, weapons and gear combined
  13. Crafting and Breaking
  14. Alchemy
  15. Cooking
  16. Achievements
  17. Lots of events that make's you chose what to do which will shape your game experience and ending
  18. Fog of War - Rooms with doors are dark until you enter it. They go back to dark when you leave the room. Room with no doors are normal (windows let the light in)
  19. Different Endings - There will be two different endings depending on players choices
  20. Purchasable houses - A place to call your own.
  21. Fishing- Now you can fish and gather resources for cooking and possibly earn a nice penny
  22. Steal- You can steal items, money or gear from certain enemies during battle
  23. Flavorful sounds for drink, eat,sleep, armor and weapon equip.
  24. Spell cool downs
  25. Item weight- Now items will have weight making player chose what to carry on him
  26. Bank/Storage- Players can store stuff and gold in banks for a small fee just like real life!
  27. Aftermath window- People have now more insight on what spoils they got, how much xp they got and xp growth! What fun to be had with more stats
  28. Escape penalty - Now, when you escape you lose 5% xp. This makes it so that you actually feel defeated, instead of just retreat to skip battles.
  29. Difficulty System - Now you can chose how you want to play the game. From Easy to Torment the enemies will have stats to make you walk pass them like a breeze or crush your very soul. Later on I will make that different difficulty enemy have different spells
8 NEW Classes:

1. Sellsword - An ex-soldier class that uses all kind of weapons and gear to rip and tear enemies on the battlefield.
  2. Cultist - A harbinger of the dark forces. Uses various spells to afflict enemies HP and abilities. Can use blood sacrifices (kill friendly party members) to do massive damage and afflictions.
  3. Paladin - Warrior of Light that strikes his foes with righteous fury. Users both abilities and spells to change the tide of battle.
  4. Ranger - Utilities the nature and the environment to strike fear in enemies, unseen. Various traps and few spells that are learned from the time spent with elves.
  5. Bandit - Always scheming, uses agility to strike their enemies. A bandit don't shy away form using less savoury means to kill their target.
  6. Cleric - Going down path of the Lord, you shy away from violence, but use your abilities to help those in need, while accidents do happen... It's a battle after all.
  7. Sorcerer - Going to the school of Magic, you learn various school of spells to damage your foes from afar.
  8. Commoner - A common peasant.

There is lots to do. Some locations aren't done yet. Not all areas have sound and some areas dont have battle sequences. Enemies will be scaled, sound added.

Game Trailer
Facebook
Indiexpo
Itch.io
Twitch

DOWNLOAD LINK

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

Old Map
Prototip Mape 1.pngNew Map
Normalno.pngNew Map (no countries)

map1.pngmap2.pngmap3.pngmap4.png1.png1.png

Last edited:

Necrofenser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I hope I made post on proper thread.
I'm working on a commercial game. I invested 267 hours on current project. This is still a working project and all credits will be added when first official demo is out. 

The game is  set in a medieval-fantasy world. It's been made so it projects real life like game (day-night changes, hunger, thirst and sleep). The game is progressing as you make own choice, which means it's up to you to chose if you want to accept a side quest or help someone out or even help a villain. Every choice you make in game will have consequence good or evil.  

Short story: You are a guy who came has some strange dreams from time to time. You'r past is blurry and you don't remember anything. One day you visit a seer and she tells you that she isn't adequate enough to break the barrier in your  mind and suggest to you to go to Ebrerin Empire to find a more vise seer to help you out. You set sail with small amount of  supplies and money to Ebrerin Empire to find the truth about your past. You managed to sneak in a trade ship to Ebrerin and land near a port town of Driftwood Piers. And there is where your adventure begins.

-Map is 87x85 big (The finished map will have at least 500x500 or even 2x 500x500)

-24 quests

-1 (current party member working on adding new). if done quest for her (NOTE: you need to finish quest "Saving the prisoner" and she will appear in next village of Woodpine

-Day/night changes (some quests, currently 1, are available during night)

-Status

1. Hunger-Hunger decreases during play. You start with 100 hunger. If you hit 0 you will die
  2. Thirst-Thirst decreases during play. You start with 100 thirst. If you hit 0 you will die
  3. Sleep-Sleep decreases during play. You won't die if it hits 0 but your stats like agility,strength etc decrease 
Make sure to keep eye on them. Eat at least once every 2 days and drink at least 1 time per day. A notification will tell you when your status hits 50 and later (critical) 20 points

-Around 400 items, weapons, gear combined

-Lots of events that make's you chose what to do

-Around 8 easter eggs

-All characters are unique in terms of model (except soldiers, nuns, maids)

-All characters have unique portrait

-All characters have unique names and story to tell (except some soldiers, nuns, maids)

-14 world locations (around 40 locations (including houses)

-Crafting system (it's not been added yet, but you can still find locations filled with resources)

-At least 700 intractable (bookshelf, drawers, closets, boxes, etc)

There is lots to do. Some locations aren't done yet. Not all areas have sound and some areas dont have battle sequences. Enemies will be scaled, sound added. 

>>>NOTE<<< Don't finish quest "Treasure" or if you somehow manage to finish it don't open the book that you get. Images have been removed so it will crash.  And if you go to Fool's Hope Encampment  save before you go to sleep (if you go to sleep) since I made an event there that Im working on right now and I don't know if it will crash or not).

The game has no official name yet, but you can find "Dragon Sickness" at the title because I had to name it for reference in some forums.

I want to say thanks to people who gave me feedback and suggestions in version2 on other forums. Any feedback or suggestion is welcomed. 

LINK

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mk1xir6r1sy587/RPG%20Projekat.7z?dl=0

SCREENSHOTS 

map(world).png
map1.png

map2.png

map3.png

map4.png

Look's nice. I will give it a try and will give you my opinion on it when I'm done.

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. Your game looks quite epic from the numbers. I wish you good luck.

Could you give more background that is specific to your game? Such as story, character sketches, interesting mechanics, etc. currently it's difficult to give you any suggestions as you only listed the quantity of what you'll have and said a bit of the story.

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
Hi. Your game looks quite epic from the numbers. I wish you good luck.

Could you give more background that is specific to your game? Such as story, character sketches, interesting mechanics, etc. currently it's difficult to give you any suggestions as you only listed the quantity of what you'll have and said a bit of the story.

Well, I don't like to reveal story of  the game,I  think the short description it's enough, because if I say more it will take away the fun of playing the game and make your own story :)

I can only say that depending on your choices in the game, the game will have two different endings. 

As for character sketches, there is only main character face and his history is unknown. Other party people are just side and got a small story to tell during the game. (I didn't get so far into the game for them to tell you their story.) 

"It's difficult to give any suggestions" well you need to actually play the game to give suggestions :)

Last edited by a moderator:

GreyStone84

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatus Nunc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1) Just started playing and got stuck at the Safe Haven Inn. When I chose to get a bed for the night, when the screen fades in again, the character is stuck in/on the wall at the top of the mirror. I can't get off the wall.

2) At the Shop when Buying (Lower Shop "Leslie"): There are two columns of numbers. I'm guessing the second column is the price, but I have no idea what the first column of numbers is for and some of the item names are long enough to overlap the first column of numbers, so I can't read the names properly.

3) The lower person in the Shop: When I first activate the event, the name pops up as "Leslie Cash". When you choose to leave the shop, the same person says "Come again." but this time their name is Jeremie Cash.

4) At the Shop when Buying (Upper Shop "Jeremie"): Again, there are two columns of numbers, not sure what the first column is for and the item names overlap the first column, so you have a hard time reading the names.

5) At the Shop: In the Back room (with the locked door) there is a silver/iron chest that is empty. The graphic shows an already open chest and when you click on it, the lid closes and then opens real fast.

6) The shop sign outside says "Jeremy". Should it be Jeremie?

7) At the Pub, there are again 2 columns of numbers. No indication what each one is for.

8) The bookshelf in the Pub across from the Old Man (with the apple pie) showed the graphic of a Manga (I think it was  the cover) then all of a sudden I got an error message that the game could not find the Graphic.

I stopped playing here because it is getting late. These are only a few of the things I found in your game. I did find more things, just minor stuff. Let me know if you want a full list. I am a pretty detail oriented person and can do a complete play through if you want.

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
1) Just started playing and got stuck at the Safe Haven Inn. When I chose to get a bed for the night, when the screen fades in again, the character is stuck in/on the wall at the top of the mirror. I can't get off the wall.

2) At the Shop when Buying (Lower Shop "Leslie"): There are two columns of numbers. I'm guessing the second column is the price, but I have no idea what the first column of numbers is for and some of the item names are long enough to overlap the first column of numbers, so I can't read the names properly.

3) The lower person in the Shop: When I first activate the event, the name pops up as "Leslie Cash". When you choose to leave the shop, the same person says "Come again." but this time their name is Jeremie Cash.

4) At the Shop when Buying (Upper Shop "Jeremie"): Again, there are two columns of numbers, not sure what the first column is for and the item names overlap the first column, so you have a hard time reading the names.

5) At the Shop: In the Back room (with the locked door) there is a silver/iron chest that is empty. The graphic shows an already open chest and when you click on it, the lid closes and then opens real fast.

6) The shop sign outside says "Jeremy". Should it be Jeremie?

7) At the Pub, there are again 2 columns of numbers. No indication what each one is for.

8) The bookshelf in the Pub across from the Old Man (with the apple pie) showed the graphic of a Manga (I think it was  the cover) then all of a sudden I got an error message that the game could not find the Graphic.

I stopped playing here because it is getting late. These are only a few of the things I found in your game. I did find more things, just minor stuff. Let me know if you want a full list. I am a pretty detail oriented person and can do a complete play through if you want.
Thanks for feedback.

1.Fixed

2.The first column is "Stock" script that indicates how many of specific item is left in shop. After it hits 0 it will disappear. The second column is price. Some name overlap with numbers and I will try to see if I  can move the numbers to the right out of the names. The "stock" script is intended for merchants who sell crafting items. The armor and weapon merchants will have stock removed.

3.Fixed name. 

4.Same as number 2

5.Fixed

6.Fixed. It's Jeremy xD

7.Same as number 2

8.That's the event "Treasure" that I deleted the pictures of. I wrote in the NOTE that people should stay clear from it since you could crash. The pictures where for some reason moved to the left and when I fixed it, the resolution went to hell so I decided to delete those pics and input new ones. Sorry about that. 

I appreciate it. I welcome all suggestions and bugs pointed out. I'm going to make a new update available today or tomorrow depends how fast I will finish this the current quest that I'm working on. Again thanks and if you got time and will to do it, send me the detailed list I too am detailed person when it comes to games.

Necrofenser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
Ok, I finally finished the test. I must admit the game is pretty great. There are few minor issues here and there, but still the game looks awesome!

I  played for about an hour and 15-20 minutes, and I had  fun playing it. There is lots of things to do, like side quests and expecially event I like was in the prison in Hope where I freed the prisoner and he screwed me for 10,000gold! Bastard!

I like hidden things and easter eggs you made. I like how you paid note to details. Here are few suggestions I noticed (and few compliments):

1)There are some areas without sound and there are no fights to the east of Hope. (I saw you mentioned it)

2)The battlers are too big, Either scale down them or party

3)I saw some people in the prison in the wall. Whats that about?

4)The 3 people in Hope what are they playing? I paid them 100 gold few times and it didn't work

5)When you go to Inn inside Driftwood, when I go to sleep I spawn in wall and get stuck.

6)I found the event "Treasure" you mentioned and it didn't work like you said. (hope you fix it I want to see the pictures! :)  )

7)What are those red and yellow button in the world map?

8)Weapons and amours I can't wear, but there are tons to buy and find. Fix if posible.

9)I liked how you made fight with Bandit King interesting adding sound and some talk between the fight. I like how you get 2 choices to finish that quest. 

10)The enemies are a bit easy to win, but I had a bit trouble with Bandit King.

11)I found Crowbar and it say "Property of Black Mesa". Half-Life 3 confirmed! 

All in all it was nice, and I will post some more suggestions when I've played it more. Keep it up.

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
Ok, I finally finished the test. I must admit the game is pretty great. There are few minor issues here and there, but still the game looks awesome! I  played for about an hour and 15-20 minutes, and I had  fun playing it. There is lots of things to do, like side quests and expecially event I like was in the prison in Hope where I freed the prisoner and he screwed me for 10,000gold! Bastard!

I like hidden things and easter eggs you made. I like how you paid note to details. Here are few suggestions I noticed (and few compliments):

1)There are some areas without sound and there are no fights to the east of Hope. (I saw you mentioned it)

2)The battlers are too big, Either scale down them or party

3)I saw some people in the prison in the wall. Whats that about?

4)The 3 people in Hope what are they playing? I paid them 100 gold few times and it didn't work

5)When you go to Inn inside Driftwood, when I go to sleep I spawn in wall and get stuck.

6)I found the event "Treasure" you mentioned and it didn't work like you said. (hope you fix it I want to see the pictures!  :)   )

7)What are those red and yellow button in the world map?

8)Weapons and amours I can't wear, but there are tons to buy and find. Fix if posible.

9)I liked how you made fight with Bandit King interesting adding sound and some talk between the fight. I like how you get 2 choices to finish that quest. 

10)The enemies are a bit easy to win, but I had a bit trouble with Bandit King.

11)I found Crowbar and it say "Property of Black Mesa". Half-Life 3 confirmed! 

All in all it was nice, and I will post some more suggestions when I've played it more. Keep it up
Thanks for suggestions. Here are the answers:
1.Yes. I'm working on adding sound right now and will be added in most areas in next update

2.Currently I'm focusing on making the game, battelers will be done later on. They will be scaled down to be just a slightly bigger than players party. 

3.Those people are a big chain quest consisting of 5 parts. The quest itself is working, but I've made quest "Medallion" and "Catching a fugitive" finish at same guy and if you can't take both quests and progress on them at the same time (e.g. can't finish Medallion if got Catching a fugitive active, and via versa). Those 5 people are there for reference till I fix it. Both quests are working if you do it separately. The Medallion is hidden quest that you find so if you are not interacting with environment chances are that you will miss it and you can still finish Prisoner quest.

4. Those 3 people are musicians who play for money. They are beggars too so be sure to toss them 100g when you are in the area. Good deeds don't go unnoticed :D   There is currently no song for them, but my friend and I are working on one.

5. That was a mistake that GreyStone84 pointed out a day or two ago. It's been fixed.

6. Will be done in v4 or v5 update.

7.Those are my reminder buttons that I write down things I have to fix and do. Imagine they are not there :D

8.Weapons and armors that you can buy, but can't wear is for other party member classes (which I'm working on. You currently have 1 party member if done quest for her. HINT:"Saving the prisoner" quests unlocks the party member in next village)

9.Thank you. As I previously said here,on STEAM forum and other forums, this games is based mostly on real life events. So be careful what you chose and help. 3:)

10.The enemies are easy for now but will be scaled accordingly. The BKing will remain at current strength but enemies will give more XP.

11.Shh... don't be so loud xD

Thanks for suggestion and feedback. Appreciate it.

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
UPDATE 20.10.2015   Info is in the first reply.

Newest update was delayed for 3 days since I had to re-install my PC and I lost my RPG game folder. I had to do Hercules task of finding a way to get it back since I thought it was gone forever. I had no copy anywhere, but with sheer luck I managed to find one copy of my project not encrypted. So i keep now on 3 different partition just in case. Anyway, I hope people like it and play it, I put lots of love and time into this project and I hope you give me few feedbacks, hints, suggestion. Got any questions just ask. Cheers

Necrofenser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
Hey. I have downloaded and played version 4 for some time. Here are few suggestions that I found for you to fix:
1)I saw you didn't fix the "Treasure" side quest. I suggest you to fix it as soon as possible so people don't give up straight away when game crashes due to the issue.

2)Is "Diary" quest finished? I found it in the wood house in Glistering and I only spoke to the seer. I don't know where to go next, it says to speak to someone about it, but I couldn't find anyone. I looked around like crazy.

3) Seers tent in v.4 if broken, you get teleport outside of it to black background and can't move. In v.3 worked fine.

4)The leafs when you leave Glistering Falls are still falling all over the place. Even when you leave GF and go anywhere else (except bandit lair)

5)I see you fixed those 2 quests in Fool's Hope. I was irritating to have left 1 quest unfinished while other was so long to do, and I forgot about it.

6)You need to add more places where you buy food and drinks in world, since currently 2 locations only sell them. (as far as I saw)

7)High Point, why is it so small? Is it getting bigger or  what? I was intrigued by the event of Lucy who gave you the gift. Add more people there. And why can't I re-enter Lucy's home if I open the gift?

I will add more later, I'm busy right now and I did this a quick while I was looking for something on forum. Keep it up and good work.

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
Hey. I have downloaded and played version 4 for some time. Here are few suggestions that I found for you to fix:

1)I saw you didn't fix the "Treasure" side quest. I suggest you to fix it as soon as possible so people don't give up straight away when game crashes due to the issue.

2)Is "Diary" quest finished? I found it in the wood house in Glistering and I only spoke to the seer. I don't know where to go next, it says to speak to someone about it, but I couldn't find anyone. I looked around like crazy.

3) Seers tent in v.4 if broken, you get teleport outside of it to black background and can't move. In v.3 worked fine.

4)The leafs when you leave Glistering Falls are still falling all over the place. Even when you leave GF and go anywhere else (except bandit lair)

5)I see you fixed those 2 quests in Fool's Hope. I was irritating to have left 1 quest unfinished while other was so long to do, and I forgot about it.

6)You need to add more places where you buy food and drinks in world, since currently 2 locations only sell them. (as far as I saw)

7)High Point, why is it so small? Is it getting bigger or  what? I was intrigued by the event of Lucy who gave you the gift. Add more people there. And why can't I re-enter Lucy's home if I open the gift?

I will add more later, I'm busy right now and I did this a quick while I was looking for something on forum. Keep it up and good work.
Thanks again for feedback. Appreciate it. I will fix it straight away.

1."Treasure" quest is fixed. I deleted all pictures but left event. Maybe sometime later I will add them again. So it should work fine in next update.

2.Seems you found the quest. Good job! "Diary" quest is a 7 stage epic quest that will reward you at the end with legendary item. The quest is only finished till Seer currently. I will continue it soon as soon I finish the current areas.

3.Fixed.

4.Fixed.

5.Ye, I fixed them both. I had 3 people asking about it on STEAM forum. Now works fine

6.Good suggestion. I will add them in more areas. You can buy food/drink on world map, Driftwood Piers and Fool's Hope Encampent.

7.High Point will be just a supply area for military. You will be able to take few quests there and few people who work in baracks there. And as for Lucy, well as I said game gives you choices, and if you want to finish event or steal item it's up for you. 

Looking forward for your suggestion soon. And thanks again. 

Necrofenser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
Hey man. I'm curious what happened to your project, since last update was long ago (1 month for me is long :D ). Anyway, when is next update coming, I finished the current version and sent you my suggestions and mistakes/buggs I saw.

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
Hey man. I'm curious what happened to your project, since last update was long ago (1 month for me is long :D ). Anyway, when is next update coming, I finished the current version and sent you my suggestions and mistakes/buggs I saw.
Hey. Thanks for enthusiasm showed in project. 

I was kinda lazy for last month, worked only 40 hours since last update. The new version is going to be updated soon in few days, just to finish few things that I'm currently working. I will post news like last time in reply section and all changes,added things,fixed,removed,etc will be posted in first comment.

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
Almost done with new version. The update is coming soon, I delayed it a bit to finish 4 areas that I'm currently working on. Since last post on 13.December, I worked around 90-110 hours. Lot's of new event's, quest's and world areas to explored. More info will be added when update comes. Cheers

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
Finally I made an update! It was 1 month delayed because I wanted to finish some things and then some other things happened and so on. Since last update v.4. I worked 150+ hours on the v.5. update. I hope people will play and give some more feedback and stuff like that. 
More info on the first comment.

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
new update is out who want's can download it at top of page.

Necrofenser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
Nice that  you keep updating your game. I like how you made prison system to work. I was playing only for about 20 minutes the newest version so I can't say anything to improve or buggs, so as usual I will send you message with list of bugs that I found. 

Keep the good work!!!

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
Nice that  you keep updating your game. I like how you made prison system to work. I was playing only for about 20 minutes the newest version so I can't say anything to improve or buggs, so as usual I will send you message with list of bugs that I found. 

Keep the good work!!!
Thanks, No problem, send whenever you can and want. And have fun playing it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Another two plugins done! One being an on map grid inventory.
busy with my newborn child, can't even touch pc at all ;_;
Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ: Episode 6 Starts NOW! Let's map some caves!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lavos