Excelsior

Self-Proclaimed Mastermind
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not too new with the RPG Maker software. I started on Ace and picked up the basics (with the help of a friend) within a few months. Of course, there were always things I didn't quite know about or how to use them. They weren't generally too important to me though, so I never bothered with them. I'm in MV now, which is mostly the same stuff I've worked with before, but with a few new things that I've already got down fairly well. There's one thing in particular that I can't figure out for the life of me.

The Custom Formula.

The Skills section of the database has always been my least favorite place to go, since I never really understood half of what it was talking about. I know more now, but the custom formula is just plain confusing to me. I was wondering if anyone knew a website that explained it or even just could explain it in layman's terms. 

Thanks!

Ugouka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, if you're up to a bit of reading, we have a thread all about damage formula and questions/answers to various situations. It's not really organized, but if you spend a bit in there, I'm sure you'll learn quite a bit. I know I usually find what I'm looking for when I browse in there. Link is here:

If you want a slightly more organized guide, I poked around google and found this one for you: https://rpgmakermv.co/threads/damage-formulas-101-mv-edition.2172/

Should lead you through the basics! Hope that helps.

Excelsior

Self-Proclaimed Mastermind
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, if you're up to a bit of reading, we have a thread all about damage formula and questions/answers to various situations. It's not really organized, but if you spend a bit in there, I'm sure you'll learn quite a bit. I know I usually find what I'm looking for when I browse in there. Link is here:

If you want a slightly more organized guide, I poked around google and found this one for you: https://rpgmakermv.co/threads/damage-formulas-101-mv-edition.2172/

Should lead you through the basics! Hope that helps.

Ooh! Thanks! I'll be sure to start reading up on that! Thanks!

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CubeLeopard5