Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
As most of you know, we have closed down and disabled the forum store with the closure of Member+ program in early February. We have been working very hard to transfer your purchases over to the main store, but the process has not been easy. There are a lot of technical issues that popped up - some of which would have negatively affected accounts in the main store or potentially caused database corruption (which is a bad, bad thing all around).

We could have possibly worked out the issues, but that process could have easily taken several months (or even a year) to complete and figure out - and I know quite a few of you want your resources much sooner than that. We definitely don't want you to feel like your purchases are being held hostage, after all.

So, I am going to issue manual transfers over time. Yes, it's going to be just me, and I will still have my other work duties and responsibilities, so please be patient with me. I promise that no one is going to be ignored, but it might take a short while to get through the list. It will still be faster than waiting for an automatic update, but likely not as fast as same-day support.

Before you request a transfer, please read on and follow the directions below:

Because I'm expecting an extremely high volume of requests, it would help me a lot if I didn't have to ask for extra information or wait to hear back from you about something.

1.) Requests need to be made via e-mail, with an e-mail sent to support@rpgmakerweb.com , and containing the following:

• E-mail title: Support - Forum Transfer

• Content:
    Your first and last name
    Your display name on the forums
    E-mail address used to purchase products (this should be the same as your e-mail in the forum store system)
    Packs you want to transfer (list)
    Any special requests or notes

2.) You will receive a RMW main store coupon, which you can use to claim your copy of the purchased products in the RPG Maker Web store.

3.) Do not request the transfer via PM, support ticket or post/thread.

• I have a special protocol to follow for our accounting team, and I have to record each transfer in a place it can be accessed and verified. Accounting does not have access to my PMs and there's a chance that a general support ticket or a forum post will get overlooked. So, please send your request by e-mail only.

4.) Main store coupons are for your use only. Once they're sent to you, they can't be requested again. So please don't trade/sell them and make sure that the e-mail you're using will accept e-mails from support@rpgmakerweb.com (you may want to add that address to your white list to avoid it being flagged for spam).

Thank you for your patience! :)

Last edited:

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for all your hard work and those of the other staff. :)

I'm just wondering if it's easier for both parties if the staff changed the forum store purchases links to the main store links in the meantime, while the transfers are being processed. This way, the forum members will be able to access their purchases without needing to throw thousands of support tickets at the few support staff there are available, and both parties being left frustrated because the needs are not met. Also, the staff will be able to take their time in making the transfer since members won't need to keep bothering or rushing the staff for their resources.

I myself have tons of purchases on the forum store and it's been pretty hard to get support to supply me with the download links. I'm sure a lot of people have been having the same problem. I feel that changing the forum store links will benefit a lot of people if it can be done easily.

Thanks for the effort you and everyone else are placing into this matter and for your kind consideration. :)  

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we can't do that because main store links are not static - they're generated for individual customers and change periodically to prevent abuse and link sharing. :<

It would have been a fantastic solution, but we couldn't make it happen -- and that's probably the same reason why it was more challenging to get those download links via support, as well.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
For the sake of asking, knowing someone else would eventually:

Why didn't they keep the current content links active, and only disable the purchasing section of the store? I can possibly see it for data storage costs, but as things got connected, delete items as they get updated. This week, get all the samurai packs transferred then disable store link to DL. Next week, DS+.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Why didn't they keep the current content links active, and only disable the purchasing section of the store? I can possibly see it for data storage costs, but as things got connected, delete items as they get updated. This week, get all the samurai packs transferred then disable store link to DL. Next week, DS+.

Main store and forum store were hosted differently. With the forum update, there was also a hosting update and we were not able to transfer the downloadable content over as planned. So, although we wanted to keep the links active, it wasn't a possibility.

Nathanial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For the sake of asking, knowing someone else would eventually:

The script I wrote to serve downloads from our remote location (where the link changes with each download as Lunarea mentioned) broke when we upgraded to IPS4. Because I was told we were axing the forum store and would figure out a transfer method, I didn't write an updated script. The plan was to do one anyway until we could merge both systems and finally have one store, but so many bugs cropped up with the V4 upgrade that I had to prioritize a little bit, and unfortunately, wasn't able to get to re-scripting it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

CupcakeDreamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You want a list of what products we own. I have a bunch of them from the forum store. And can't possibly remember all of them. Is there a way for us to see what we own. I can try to find all my email receipts.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Go into the forum store section and look under manage purchases

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What will be the situation for those people who don't have steam, or don't have the appropriate maker on steam for the resource packs they've purchased?

Personally, I would prefer transfers to the main store, even if it means waiting longer for them, than to be force to use steam.  Is that an option for people who are willing to wait?

DarkstarMatryx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My question is on the bonus items for buying through the forum or main site on some items that you don't get when you buy them through steam.  I know their are not a lot of products like that but there are some.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have no problem with Steam, considering security and reliability here and the expiration date of he store items I would even prefer to have my RPG-Maker content on Steam, but the RPG-Maker resource packs on Steam are really bad. And would need further assistance from the support like access to WAVs, bonus content, (updates are going to get addressed?), double price for MV and Ace content?.

@Shaz I had to give you your 6000th like ;-)

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What will be the situation for those people who don't have steam, or don't have the appropriate maker on steam for the resource packs they've purchased?

Personally, I would prefer transfers to the main store, even if it means waiting longer for them, than to be force to use steam.  Is that an option for people who are willing to wait?

I'm with Shaz, I'll prefer my stuff at the main store instead of in Steam, I hate that Steam stores packs in a hidden away out of reach folder.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Omfg I had no idea the forum store was closed and member+ gone. 

Edit- so all purchases are going to steam store? Omg I hate steam and especially the Steam Store! Well that's a negative move in my opinion and complicates things greatly for me as I have that dreadful satellite internet. Epic sad face!

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A couple of weeks before this announcement I had already sent a support ticket to RPG Maker Web for downloads to at least of 2 of my packs. They last answered 5 days ago saying they could give me a complimentary Steam Key.

Should I wait for that or contact you around April 15th?

Idril

Widdershins Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I won a giveaway near the end of February and requested the prize to be sent through the forum store once it was fixed - now that the forum store is being shut down (totally understandable, btw, better to avoid the issues than cause them by trying to fix it), should I request the prize as I would a transfer, or would it be a different process since I never actually purchased it?

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score

As I mentioned, we can and will issue coupons for the main store for those situations. But it will take longer and it will require issuing individual coupon for each product. Since coupons can only be claimed one at a time, you will also need to make multiple purchases - which could be a lot of work for those of you who have a long list of packs.

Also, note that you can download DLC via Steam once and not open it again unless there's a product update. :)

My question is on the bonus items for buying through the forum or main site on some items that you don't get when you buy them through steam.  I know their are not a lot of products like that but there are some.

Any exclusive store bonuses will be made available as a separate download if you choose a Steam key.

I have no problem with Steam, considering security and reliability here and the expiration date of he store items I would even prefer to have my RPG-Maker content on Steam, but the RPG-Maker resource packs on Steam are really bad. And would need further assistance from the support like access to WAVs, bonus content, (updates are going to get addressed?), double price for MV and Ace content?.

Yes, updates will make their way to Steam. If there's a separate MV and Ace release/update, you would receive two Steam keys. Bonus downloads and access to .wav files would be made available.

And main store transfer is still possible, it's just more complex and takes longer to set up and claim. It's not the best option for those who are in a hurry or those who don't have issues with Steam.

Omfg I had no idea the forum store was closed and member+ gone. 

Edit- so all purchases are going to steam store? Omg I hate steam and especially the Steam Store! Well that's a negative move in my opinion and complicates things greatly for me as I have that dreadful satellite internet. Epic sad face!

Yes, the forum store and Member+ have been gone for a couple of months now.

Whether you receive your packs via Steam or via main store, it will only impact your internet if you have to re-download them. And if you have Steam auto-updates disabled, you can choose when those downloads happen - just like you choose when to download from the main store.

A couple of weeks before this announcement I had already sent a support ticket to RPG Maker Web for downloads to at least of 2 of my packs. They last answered 5 days ago saying they could give me a complimentary Steam Key.

Should I wait for that or contact you around April 15th?

You can wait, they'll probably get back to you sooner. :)

I won a giveaway near the end of February and requested the prize to be sent through the forum store once it was fixed - now that the forum store is being shut down (totally understandable, btw, better to avoid the issues than cause them by trying to fix it), should I request the prize as I would a transfer, or would it be a different process since I never actually purchased it?

Absolutely. Just link to the thread where your winning was announced and the pack(s) you'd like to receive. :)

TheOriginalFive

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it advisable to request a Steam transfer as well if I had only purchased from your main web store?

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Speaking of which since the giveaway won download link (especially from the first year vx ace release) and at that time you guys just give link to download them instead of putting on the user account store page in the past and now is not working also (still kept the PM for redownloading purposes...) Can we also request steam key for those or request for transfer?

And for the case of transfer... Can we request to put it in a different store account since the e-mail in the forums and the e-mail in the main store is different for security purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

...the eye scream man...
2021_10_5_16_16_52_502_3916.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SasiPidar