standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I'm no longer really a musician, I haven't done anything serious musically in a long time, almost ten years.
And when I was a musician, I was never a rapper lol, I mostly played guitar and sang.

However, I used to love recording and producing, and back in the day I bought a condenser mic from someone (can't remember who, now!), an old Behringer, and I was testing it out with my recording software.

I grabbed a beat from somewhere online (think it was royalty free, but I didn't use it to make money and uploading it to YouTube didn't auto-detect any copyright infringement when I uploaded the track. (EDIT: It took a few minutes lol, but yeah this actually got Content ID flagged. It's not a copyright strike, I just can't make money off of it. Which I don't do with YT stuff, anyway)

Anyway....I think only my brother and wife have ever heard this, and I found it in an old email attachment, when my old comp was fried, I had my brother send me a copy. That was all a long time ago, but yeah, anyway I just found it again, and I'm too old to be embarrassed by it.

I hadn't spoken to my father in some years when I recorded this, and the lyrics were about him. But anyway, here, make fun of me XD

(Also yes, I'm very aware it's hard to hear me. I never mixed this, it was never meant to be shown to people, it was literally just a test for the mic)

Hook:
I should have done things you could be proud of,
and you should have done things other than powder,
I guess I should have done things other than cower,
cause you don't want things other than power

Verse:
I should have stopped you whenever you let up,
I should have put the brakes on whenever you sped up,
and every time you reached out - I shouldn't have stepped back.
I guess I was a kid, and I never could get that....

I guess it's just the time that I'm trying to get back,
the hands of a clock that I'm trying to set back.
I used to thank God whenever you weren't home,
so I could just have time to finally let go.

I guess it feels good, man, to finally say so....
I know it took years, cause I needed to lay low.
I know you did the same, so were in the same boat -
but God heard your name, every day when I prayed though

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

if you want learn free cool stuff for game dev .
Your jumping works great, self. Now onward! Let's add to some of those dungeon tilesets that are looking a tad sparse.
Gotta vent a minute: "Move routes" have been unintuitive and clunky since the 90's and I absolutely cannot believe there is no built-in functionality to direct an event to an x, y coordinate. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
I watched a local Amish community hold a cart and buggy presidential rally that passed by my worksite this afternoon and it really got me thinking...how do the Amish keep up with national news?
trying to wrap up the boat/ship/castaway tilesets with a great galleon - no promises

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetroKevin