UltimateEnd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In my game I have come up with a caster character that is pretty much a cute tiny fox type creature with a foul mouth and

a clever personality. He is somewhat of a mix between a blue mage and illusionist with a couple elemental damaging spells thrown in.

But once again, I'm having a problem figuring out what kind of weapon he will use, if any. Since my character, Oru, is based on the Kitsune

which are said to get stronger as they age, I might scale stats based on level.

What do you guys think?    

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Probably something oriental and associated with shrines; like priest/priestess staves or talismans/seals. Some type of accurate ceremonial instrument. You could also use small handheld weapons as it could carry them in its mouth. It could wield objects in its tails or perhaps the tails are the weapons and it gains a new type of tail as a weapon as you advance sort of like how kitsune aspire to gain nine tails.

UltimateEnd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really like the talisman/seal idea, I just have to execute it in a way so people don't think I'm cloning Nanaki from FF7. I guess people will do that anyways, but still. lol

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Red XIII doesn't use seals/talismans in VII he uses headdresses and attachments to them.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is he bipedal (walks on two legs) or quadrupedal (walks on all fours)?

If the former how about a cross of a spear and a shinto/miko staff? Foxes are often associated with shrines in Japan and if he's small he needs reach.

If the latter then he'll likely be more speed based so something light and small (or decorative with magical properties that make him stronger)

Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
Maybe something like a will o wisp that floats around him, or something that is levitated psychically.  Or if he's a solid magic user, his "weapon" could be something like a necklace or an earring that increases magic stats but never attack, and then his attack animation is just to bite or scratch or kick or whatever.  

And then there's Tails who can lash with his tails or create sonic vortexes with his tails or shoot lasers or missiles from gadgets depending on the game.  

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's a fox character in something I'm working on that's also somewhat based off a kitsune.  I have him using knives.

Kittery.jpgKittery juggle.jpg

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been in Fort Myers since Thursday night. I'm going home tomorrow or the next day... lol, I desperately need a good taste of homemade Japanese food. I might not be Japanese or even Asian (I'm American born and raised), but I absolutely love authentic Japanese cooking. Restaurant food doesn't do it justice.
Haven't been working on any of my projects or resources lately as I'll soon be moving to a new apartment. It's been a stressful move but I'm really looking forward to it.
//Sees it's the same price at Best Buy for a new SSD as Amazon
//Sees it's 103F outside and Best Buy is half a hour of driving.
//Orders from Amazon.
I'll wait the 2-3 days. :LZSwink:
Just a little teaser screenshot of Mountain Village...

Screenshot (364).png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NARFNra