FoxActionSkills v1.0

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey My First Plugin on the new RPG Maker.

Lastest Update 11/28/15 (v1.1.1):

• Added 2 Parameters, these allow you to hide TP, or only show 1 gauge at a time.
Previous Update 11/27/15 (v1.1.0):

• Updated Tag Configuration
  • Now Requires MVCommons
Last Update Date: 11/27/15

Description:
A System a lot like the Golden Sun Skill system (or even Pokemon Red&Blue). Basically it allows you to use skills on the field. Which should make it easy to make events like bushes you have to cut away, water you freeze into ice to cross, or just about anything you can think of.

Demo Project:
Demo v1.1.1
to use copy into a new project
Source Code:
Source v1.1.1

Cursor Image:
Cursor Image

Requires MVCommons to work located:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46474-mvcommons-the-community-core-plugin/?hl=mvcommons

Instructions:

Creating a Skill:
To make a skill you need to add tags to the skill like so:

<FAS><FAS_RangeH:value><FAS_RangeV:value><FAS_Type:0>FAS_RangeH: the range to the left and right of the characters facing. (Must be an Odd number)
FAS_RangeV: the range to the forwards from the characters facing.

You no longer need to make sure the skill's Occasion is set to always, skills will work regardless of the Occasion Setting.

Creating an Item:
To make a item you need to add tags to the item like so:

<FAS><FAS_RangeH:value><FAS_RangeV:value><FAS_Type:0>FAS_RangeH: the range to the left and right of the characters facing. (Must be an Odd number)
FAS_RangeV: the range to the forwards from the characters facing.

You no longer need to make sure the skill's Occasion is set to always, skills will work regardless of the Occasion Setting.

Creating an Action Event:
To Create a Action Skill Event (an Event that reacts to the Action Skill):
First you need to make an event, with a normal page with whatever on it, and a 2nd page with a autorun or parallel trigger, that will handle what happens when the event is struck with a skill.

You can check what skill was used with:

ActionSkill.skillId == valueYou can check what item was used with:

ActionSkill.itemId == valueIf the player used the wrong skill set the SelfSwitch back to Off.

Then make a 3rd page for whatever after the skill has been used (probably blank)

And you need to make sure to add to the note of the event:

<fas>Graphics Needed:
You also need special Character Graphic I made for the Target image.

\img\characters\$Cursor.pngIt's included in the Demo Project and the link above.

Opening the Interface:
To bring up the Menu Use the Q key

Using RegionIds:
To use Region Ids you need to loop through them using the Custom Event set in the plugins Params

Looping through them can be done like:
Common Event Example.png

the Script Code used here is:

ActionSkill.GetNextRegionSet();That common event leads to:
Common Event Example 02.png

You can set it up however you want though this is just a working sample of what you could do with it.

In the Demo using the Plugin OrangeCustomEventCreator (by Hudell) His plugin post here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46535-orange-custom-event-creator/
I use his event Creator to create a Freezing spell, that freezes the water and makes a bridge across it. I'm sure many other new and creative ideas for skills and spells will come from this.
It's really only limited by what puzzles you can come up with.

Interface Controls
The Interface can be Enabled by using the script command:

ActionSkill.enable();The Interface can be Disabled by using the script command:

ActionSkill.disable();Interface Controls
You can also use Plugin Commands now

FoxActionSkills enableFoxActionSkills disableAlthough I'm really not sure why you'd want to rather than script calls, if anyone knows why Plugin Commands are better I'd love to know.

And that should be everything you need to create an Action Skill & and Action Skill Event.

Let me know what you think, or if you find any bugs, have a suggestion, ect.

Credits:
Mellye for helping me, understand how to display sprites.

The MVCommons team for the awesome MVCommons Plugin
MVCommons Link: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46474-mvcommons-the-community-core-plugin/?hl=mvcommon#entry469643
Hudell for his OrangeCustomEventCreator Plugin (current version of his plugin is included to show how skills could be evented to create dynamic bridges.)
His plugin post here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46535-orange-custom-event-creator/"]http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46535-orange-custom-event-creator/
His plugin isn't required to make mine work, but with both you can create some pretty flexible and dynamic skills, to do all kinds of things

ToS:

You can use this in your free or commercial games as long as you give credit to Fox536.

Updates:
11/10/15

• Updated and cleaned code, and fixed a bug. Also updated Cursor File
11/11/15

• Added code to react to Region Ids as well (such as water, for turning it to ice to make a bridge, ect.)
11/17/15

• New Feature: Added support for Active Items as well.
  • Added way to open the interface with the mouse/Touchscreen Controls
  • Added an Enable and Disable Toggle for the system
  • Added a toggle to show either MP & TP as icons or as text.
  • Updated the Occasion code, so you no longer have to set the Occasion to Always
11/23/15 (v1.0.6)

• Parameter for button to open the interface.
  • Added Help info to the plugin
11/27/15 (v1.0.7)

• Parameters for location of hud button
  • Parameter for hud Icon index
  • Plugin Commands
11/27/15 (v1.1.0)

• Updated Tag Configuration
  • Now Requires MVCommons
11/28/15 (v1.1.1):

• Added 2 Parameters, these allow you to hide TP, or only show 1 gauge at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I could be wrong , but this seems to almost be a ABS .Great looking plug in ,ill will most likely be using it in my next project.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ya you could use it for that with a few tweeks and additions

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Looks interesting! Gonna try this when i get home from work :D

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Awesome let me know what you think, I've still got some features to add, but the base is there. Hope you like it.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Oh no I haven't tested it, but that adds cursors to their own file path.

My cursor is a character graphic. It isn't a mouse cursor it's a targeting cursor, that appears on the map.

So I highly doubt there will be any conflict.

If you find any issues though be sure and let me know.

Demimura

Ruler of 9 Worlds!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Very nice gives me the golden sun nostalgia to a T, i like how  can also use physical moves as well instead of "the master hand" lol

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Right I always loved that system.

So I made a system for xp, back in the day, and it gave me a lot of practice in scripting so I thought I'd recreate it for mv.

It's not quite every thing I want yet but it's a good base.

I plan on adding item support as well later, and anything anyone else suggests that's feasible.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Updated and New Demo up with example Skills.

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I could be wrong , but this seems to almost be a ABS .Great looking plug in ,ill will most likely be using it in my next project.
Ya you could use it for that with a few tweeks and additions
after looking at it , yeah i can see that it would be possible , but for the life of me i can figure out how to do it ,lol but as is ...imma be using this plugin , love it , i think it adds a new layer of depth to the game play.Thank you for the Plug in 

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well awesome glad others are getting some use from it too :) if anyone thinks of anything they'd liked added let me know.

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used this in conjunction with an ammunition plug-in to make a "bomb" skill that opens cracks in walls like in Zelda. Pretty good script, Fox! 

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I did something similar, Zelda is pretty awesome for ideas :)

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
I don't get how the demo work, i use the skill but nothing happen

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Update: Added Item Support, and various other small additions.

I don't get how the demo work, i use the skill but nothing happen
What skill and where are you using them?

The freeze spell works on any water tile

the slash works on the npc, and plants

fire works on the firepit, and plants

and the rocks are blown up with bombs (v1.0.3)

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Actually the demo don't have the freezing part, i went to the menu and click on the skill (fire os slash) and nothing happen, i only loose mp

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im having a problem using this plugin. Whenever I press Q on the keyboard, it brings up tthe error:

TypeError

Cannot read property 'note' of undefined

Any idea how to fix it?

Awesome plugin btw. I absolutely needed something like this for my game. I just have to get it to work -.-

::EDIT::

Well, initially, I used the plugin found in the demo folder. Now, however, I downloaded the source code and I think the demo has an older version of the script? Maybe cause it has less parameters and some descriptions in the parameters are wrong.

Anyways, upon installing the newer one, v1.03, absolutely nothing happens. I press the Q key but literally its as if the plugin isn't even there. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I tried on a fresh new project and it still didn't work, so I know its not an incompatibility issue.

Please fix fast. I need this script working for my project T.T

P.S: You might want to remove unused resources from your demo. A 400mb file is quite huge and unnecessary for such a short demo. You could remove all the unused audio and battlebacks to save a ton more space and make it an easier download for everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

izyees

My Secret Santa
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
maybe you need to decrease the demo file size

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Actually the demo don't have the freezing part, i went to the menu and click on the skill (fire os slash) and nothing happen, i only loose mp
Hmmm you must have the original version, you might try the latest version because it shouldn't have any bugs left.

Im having a problem using this plugin. Whenever I press Q on the keyboard, it brings up tthe error:

TypeError

Cannot read property 'note' of undefined

Any idea how to fix it?

Awesome plugin btw. I absolutely needed something like this for my game. I just have to get it to work -.-

::EDIT::

Well, initially, I used the plugin found in the demo folder. Now, however, I downloaded the source code and I think the demo has an older version of the script? Maybe cause it has less parameters and some descriptions in the parameters are wrong.

Anyways, upon installing the newer one, v1.03, absolutely nothing happens. I press the Q key but literally its as if the plugin isn't even there. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I tried on a fresh new project and it still didn't work, so I know its not an incompatibility issue.

Please fix fast. I need this script working for my project T.T

P.S: You might want to remove unused resources from your demo. A 400mb file is quite huge and unnecessary for such a short demo. You could remove all the unused audio and battlebacks to save a ton more space and make it an easier download for everyone :)
The demo was update to the latest plugin version it 1.0.3, and the only resources I left in the demo were the ones that were required for the game to run and, the animations however I can 7zip the project if it'll help, I just know a lot pplbused to hate when ppl 7zip'd demos

maybe you need to decrease the demo file size
I'll 7zip the project later today see if it helps a bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth