Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi
- May 6, 2017
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
I prepared this extension because of this pool here. Visual novels that lack gameplay segments risk to result boring, so minigames and stuff are very important. And minigames need health bar and such.
An extension providing a simple interface that lets you manage gauges through common events.
Version 1.0.1086 (at least) or having this patch here: [Solved] Mask Picture's Value from variable.
Check the Official Visual Novel Maker Guide.
How to use
- I prepared an example scene which uses a new version of Ace as character: give them a look to understand how to use the extension's common events.
- The gauges are memorized using a Number/ID, in the same way as pictures, texts, etc. Give every gauge a different number, but don't worry: they won't interfere with pictures, texts, etc. with the same Number/ID.
- All of the events/code is commented, so that you can easily customize the menu at your heart's content: you can change the style, the layout and the info displayed. Just navigate through the contents until you find what you're looking for!
- You can easily add gauges at your Profiles Menu if you want, or ask me to add them by default in the poll above.
- Even if you find eventing minigames too difficult, you can still use gauges in your vanilla intimacy system
- You can give each gauge a different look using conditions in the "[FS] Show Gauge" common event, when showing the text or the pictures. The ideal implementation would need a new database category, but I'm not that confident in my abilities (if still added this to the poll above, though).
- Even if the sample scene is kinda allusive, gender separation in japanese bath has been enforced since the Meiji Restoration, so I guess you could consider it family-oriented.
@Kentou was the one who answered to all of my questions in the Support section.
This extension follows MIT License: you can use it (in both commercial and non-commercial games), copy it, modify it, merge it, publish it, distribute it, sublicense it and/or sell it, but insert
in your credits.Copyright (c) 2018 FoxySeta
- You can now choose a different size for your gauges each time you show one
- It is now possible to choose the max value for your character's stat from one of their parameters
- You can now install both Gauges System and Profiles Menu at the same time
- Official release