aboynamedearth

Onion Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, I hope this request is clear enough to understand.

I'm looking for a way to increase the delay between frames on map sprites, specifically for use as a sprite idle for use with RyanBrams SRPG Engine.

For example, currently the sprites frames are displayed at a constant speed, like so:

chara_hero_1.gif

I'm looking to have the first and third frames display for 640 ms, and the second and fourth frame display at 80 ms, as seen here.

chara_hero_2.gif

I am currently using two of Galv's Plugins: MV Character Frames, and MV Character Animations.

I am also using RyanBram's SRPG Engine, which is using the map sprites for battles.

I've had difficulting finding existing plugins that change individual frames for map sprites, but if there's anything that can I can be pointed at as a start, that would be enough. My Javascript knowledge is regrettably very poor, but I'm willing to put in the legwork and take a stab at it with some direction.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

aboynamedearth

Onion Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From looking at the help file, it doesn't appear to affect individual frame speed, and only speeds up/slows down full poses. I will dig into it and see if it's capable of what I'm looking for.

I'm wondering if my best bet is just using 8 frames instead of 4, and doubling up on some frames just to extend the length. I will edit this post if QSprite ends up working.

Thank you for bringing this plugin to my attention.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drackdragon113