Framedrops / Low Framerate in Editor

Maronius

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello Everyone,

I bought a new PC and for some unknown reasons I get very low framerates in the RPGMaker MV Editor itself. Playtesting works perfect (160 fps on my 160 fps G-Sync monitor) but while using the RPG Maker Editor, the framerate drops to 20 - 30 frames for several seconds and then jumps back to 160 fps and so on. The Nvidia driver is the latest available.

This also happens on the Bethesda Game Launcher, so it's most problably not RPGMaker specific, but I hope someone got an idea how to fix this. All other Game Launchers (Steam, Epic games, Uplay) are 160 fps constant, so I'm a little bit out of ideas what could be the reason for this framedrops on the RPG Maker and the Bethesda Game Launcher (maybe they have something in common?).

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is extremely unlikely that those programs have something in common.

I can think of two causes for this behaviour:
1) you have a background program that temporarily blocks those two programs before giving them an OK.
Most likely that would be an antivirus or similar that does not have those two programs confirmed in its own database, requiring to go to heuristic mode for them.
One solution would be to whitelist those two programs in that protection program.

2) resource load delay
no matter what program, a resource needs to be completely loaded before it can be used. And unless you have everything on SSD (and sometimes even then) larger pictures (like when using a parallax background on the map with display in editor active) will take some time and RAM to load.

Maronius

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi again,

I found the solution in the NVidia Forum. It's the geforce driver version 460.xx which is causing the problem with framedrops in several applications. There's a hotfix to version 460.97 which I just installed and now the RPGMaker works fine again.

So if someone else got this problem this is the solution :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hmmmm... how many xrays til I get super powers?
..of the major old school series that began in the 80s- early 90s, I still haven't beaten 'a' Zelda game. Mario 64 was the first Mario I've beaten. I don't know if I should give that honor to Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds(I currently own both). Well technically I've haven't beaten a Sonic either (Game Genie doesn't count =P).
headshot_headinfo.jpg
Time to add the "headshot" concept into the game so that people may actually aim at the heads when shooting zombies and get massive damage and armor-pen bonus as rewards. :kaojoy:
(The red area is just for visually debug purposes right now. But, it's possible that I will add something that displays the weak spots of enemies in the future.)
Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilyrich