Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi folks,

I'm working on a battler mini-game and I'm having a little trouble with the animation. Not knowing JS I've done reasonably well getting the whole mini game to run off of a couple events. However, I'm having trouble getting the animations to run smoothly.

Effectively I've set each attack and defense animation to the three frames of a walk animation. In order to play the animation I am turning the event to the relevant direction with stepping on and waiting 30 frames.

Obviously this is a guesstimate. I've been searching but I can't quite figure out home many frames are required for one full animation at the various event speeds. Does anyone know these numbers or point me to a resource that lists it out.

For example:

1: 8x Slower: 00 Frames/Cycle
2: 4x Slower: 00 Frames/Cycle
3: 2x Slower: 00 Frames/Cycle
etc...

I hope this is clear and thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers,

Steven

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I believe this is the default delay between frames for map characters:
JavaScript:
(9 - this.realMoveSpeed()) * 3
realMoveSpeed gets the character's move speed, with an extra +1 if they're dashing (by default only the player can dash).

So delay per animation frame at speed 4 ("Normal", default player walk speed) is (9 - 4) * 3, i.e. 15 frames. This would make a full cycle (default 3 anim frames) 45 frames. Similarly for other speeds~ :kaopride:

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome thanks @caethyril!

So for reference (and in case anyone else wants a quick table and stumbles across this), we are looking at:
1: 8x Slower: 24 Frames (Ticks)/Animation Frame
2: 4x Slower: 21 Frames (Ticks)/Animation Frame
3: 2x Slower: 18 Frames (Ticks)/Animation Frame
4: Normal: 15 Frames (Ticks)/Animation Frame
5: 2x Faster: 12 Frames (Ticks)/Animation Frame
6: 4x Faster: 9 Frames (Ticks)/Animation Frame

1: 8x Slower: 72 Frames/Normal Walk Cycle
2: 4x Slower: 63 Frames/Normal Walk Cycle
3: 2x Slower: 54 Frames/Normal Walk Cycle
4: Normal: 45 Frames/Normal Walk Cycle
5: 2x Faster: 36 Frames/Normal Walk Cycle
6: 4x Faster: 27 Frames/Normal Walk Cycle

This is magical and explains a couple things I was having trouble with!

For future knowledge the +1 for dashing goes where:
(9 - this.realMoveSpeed() + 1) * 3; or
((9 - this.realMoveSpeed()) * 3) + 1?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucimountfort