Free background image for my MV game?

Bloom-Senpai

Senpai has noticed you!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, as the title says I need a free background image for my game (Like in my title screen, credits, etc). I need a background that is free for commercial use (CC 3.0). The background images I'm looking for are, if possible at least on par with the default background images of RPMV or similar to the ones we see online such as HD Anime sceneries that are frequently used as wallpapers.
I tried looking on some sites like Deviantart but most of the BG images I found are for non-commercial or either the artist didn't mention while others are labeled for commercial use but its either a real-life image or doesn't fit my game very well.

My game's setting is in the forest and is about the everyday life of the main characters. There are so many godly good background images of the forest I see online but I just can't find a single one that's free for commercial use.

Are there any sites where I can get such background images? Any help would be appreciated.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are many free images and credits on commercial, but if you want something unique,
do you have an image you like as background? and what needs to be on there?

if you have a sketch or images how you want it around, I might be able to do the overlays for you.
while I'm not an artist, I'm good with overlays, images inside photoshop.

we need also more details what your game look like, the graphics used etc, so we can try to
match the one you use to fit it better :)

Bloom-Senpai

Senpai has noticed you!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are many free images and credits on commercial, but if you want something unique,
do you have an image you like as background? and what needs to be on there?

if you have a sketch or images how you want it around, I might be able to do the overlays for you.
while I'm not an artist, I'm good with overlays, images inside photoshop.

we need also more details what your game looks like, the graphics used etc, so we can try to
match the one you use to fit it better :)
Thank you for the fast response. I don't really need anything special in the background but rather than just a good-looking forest background.

The graphics of the game aren't anything unique. It's just resources that I found here in the forums and I just put together in a parallax map. The game is basically an item shop management game wherein the player craft items that they can sell in their shops alongside a story of the characters.

The default bg image I'm using right now. The problem I have here is the It lacks the spirit for a forest-themed game so I'm looking for another that has more forest / nature vibes in it.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the images arent showing. tr yto re-upload them.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might have some forest which I might be able to implent into that default BG, but I dont have any spirits, idk if you had any in mind if you want those too on it?

EDIT:
I make something for you, but no idea if its something you looking for (I didn't use your default).
so here is a sample forest. (I already have it compressed for you) in case you want to use it.
(no credits needed)
<-SNIP->

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloom-Senpai

Senpai has noticed you!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might have some forest which I might be able to implent into that default BG, but I dont have any spirits, idk if you had any in mind if you want those too on it?

EDIT:
I make something for you, but no idea if its something you looking for (I didn't use your default).
so here is a sample forest. (I already have it compressed for you) in case you want to use it.
(no credits needed)
View attachment 132618

Thank you so much!
That is soo beautiful I love it. Is it ok for me to ask a version of it that's has more green I think it has a bit too much yellowish in it? Like a more natural-looking forest? This is very good but I just wanna ask if you if it's possible for a bit more green on the trees, you know like make it look more natural, a regular forest? I'm sorry I'm bad at explaining :rswt

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's more the light of sunlight, but I can make some green overlay's for you so you can choose
from a couple of green colored version. (I will make a zip of those that has a couple in it's folder.

Here is a zip file with a couple of forests green colors: each forest has a +10 green added color
with basis 25 lightness. so I made a range from 80 to 130 to see what you like.

Last edited:

Bloom-Senpai

Senpai has noticed you!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's more the light of sunlight, but I can make some green overlay's for you so you can choose
from a couple of green colored version. (I will make a zip of those that has a couple in it's folder.

Here is a zip file with a couple of forests green colors: each forest has a +10 green added color
with basis 25 lightness. so I made a range from 80 to 130 to see what you like.
Thank you so much :)
These work perfectly. I want to put you in the credits but are you sure you don't want?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its not needed, but if you want to put it there, its really appreciated :)
its more as a hobby if I can help =) but it's really up to you.

Bloom-Senpai

Senpai has noticed you!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its not needed, but if you want to put it there, its really appreciated :)
its more as a hobby if I can help =) but it's really up to you.

I tried to search the image you posted on google and I found the same image.

My question is are you sure this is copyright-free and safe for us to use commercially?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had many images, most wall papers can be shared, but it has been so long though.
mostly where edited as well, so I cant recall, there where no terms by then or the creator of it.

never searched for those, and I have some forest pictures over 7 years with no terms or license
and are shareware to use.

Bloom-Senpai

Senpai has noticed you!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had many images, most wall papers can be shared, but it has been so long though.
mostly where edited as well, so I cant recall, there where no terms by then or the creator of it.

never searched for those, and I have some forest pictures over 7 years with no terms or license
and are shareware to use.
I see. Thanks for the info :)

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon I've removed your images, since you said you don't know who made that image or any terms for it. If you don't know exact terms of use for an image, you shouldn't share them because even if it's okay to use them as a wallpaper that doesn't mean that they can be used in a game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.
Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?
Had to edit the water tiles of Jason Perry's (final boss blues) beach tile set. I'm an animator now. :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickcola15