Free Community DLC slight question...

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Marquise*, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Hi,

I've been wondering if I could emit some suggestion about our Free Community DLC?

I'm kinda wondering if about the very same time of the year the first was made we could had/make/do an update? With some add-ons to the existing one?

I know I have a personal take on it since I am currently making the $BigMonster_2 sprite sheet characters walk cycle modded from Lunarea's originals (and I start to understand why they weren't moving on the 4 sides after doing the Demon, I just eye the Evilgod one and I'm already a wee bit panicked by what I'm about to do by the end of the year). But I thought things like the fairs/carnival assets and likewise others, maybe even soundfx and animations, it could get better and better year after year! ^^

Just... like that! I thought sending more personal messages about it, but... It felt like spamming the devs and community. ^^

2. Nanaki_Fan

Nanaki_Fan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The free community DLC was a great undertaking and a lot of awesome people donated there stuff. If people are willing to come together to make an update or even a new pack - think Community DLC II it would be a fine a effort. 

It will as you say however require a vast undertaking of PM's to pull something like this off.

Marquise* likes this.
  3. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

We've still got people who have issues with downloading the DLC. We're trying to work through it, but we weren't planning on doing major updates or another DLC release until we've fixed everything up. It does take quite a bit of time to organize and set up the DLC, and it's frustrating when it doesn't benefit the majority of users because they can't download or use it.

Marquise* likes this.
  4. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Yikes! 8o

I thought something about that. I'm just plugged on here and Steam, so I don't have a whole range of on which other places it might have a hard time to load. I hope no one just gave up on it after early trial to DL it!

Well, I'll keep a nice folder just for it. I started a tread with a Demon in it as my first test in here to post images or share sprites and face sets with non-Steam users. Dragon in stand-by! It's cute enough for me to want it in cartoon; I shouldn't be THAT masochistic. ;)

(It's Dread's fault to had started it up with me and ask me to post -join- in here! I wasn't supposed to be posting here so much now I get out 2 days and get 50 notices. We got to admit, he might had done a good thing.)