(FREE) Darren's Commercially Free Music (Now Over 70 Pieces!)

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello! My name is Darren and I'm here to share some free music to anyone who wants it. Anything I post in here is free to use in your projects. Commercially, non-commercially, as a ringtone, or a personal theme through your headphones as you kick the crap out of someone! The only restriction is attempting to resell or redistribute the music as if they were your work or resources. All I ask in return is you give me (Darren Curtis) credit for the music.

Each piece on Soundcloud is looped and ready to go. Or you can download them from DarrenCurtisMusic and get the Zip folder that contains the .wav, .mp3, .ogg files and a signed materials release form should you need one.

Here is a link to the "Master" Zip file which contains every track in a single download.
Updated as of March 17, 2019. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2ld7a0a8pqxr2r/Darren Curtis - Free Music Master Folder.zip?dl=0

Full Soundcloud Playlist:
Any questions or requests? Please feel free to write in this thread or PM me and ask. Anyone interested in my services for commissions or a custom soundtrack can view my Classified thread here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/13515-darrens-music-market/

Thanks so much!
Darren Curtis​

Last edited:

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've got to say, that second one; although it's horror, it makes me feel uplifted as well as being completely freaked out. It's brilliant, to say the least! :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to move this to the workshops forum.

dizzyinc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
wow you really have some great music here, loving your stuff  :D  why does resistance just end all of a sudden  ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Seriously one of the most underrated musicians in the rpg development circles~ take them, take ALL of them and USE THEM IN YOUR GAME.
Thanks, Seita! Much appreciated!

I've got to say, that second one; although it's horror, it makes me feel uplifted as well as being completely freaked out. It's brilliant, to say the least! :)
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I'm going to move this to the workshops forum.
Thanks, Shaz. Sorry I had it in the wrong section!

wow you really have some great music here, loving your stuff  :D  why does resistance just end all of a sudden  ;_;
Thank you! I appreciate it. Some of my free tracks end like that on Soundcloud because they are looped in .ogg for people to download and I just didn't add any fades to them. That way they will loop perfectly when imported and used in game!

Faerypixel25

Where's Charles Lee!?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you have more songs like that horror one? I love it. It is an amzingly dark and creepy song. (A.K.A. The type of music that helps me fall asleep. ;_;  )

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do you have more songs like that horror one? I love it. It is an amzingly dark and creepy song. (A.K.A. The type of music that helps me fall asleep. ;_;  )
I have a darker fantasy piece that just came out in this month's ReStaff, so it's safe to post here now.

Labyrinth Of Lost Dreams

That link is for the free mp3 version of the song. If anyone wants the looped .ogg file for their game, you can get it in the ReStaff download here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/17879-restaff-august-2013-release/

Hope everyone enjoys and is well!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really love your music. The tracks you had in the last couple of months of ReStaff were simply mindblowing. Looking forward to hearing more tracks. 

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lovely! That song is so pretty!
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I really love your music. The tracks you had in the last couple of months of ReStaff were simply mindblowing. Looking forward to hearing more tracks. 
Thanks so much! I appreciate it. I hope to have plenty more on the way.

Mixia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Those are really beautiful. You made me cry, because I like them so much :) . I will put them on my ipod!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I apologize for missing this month's ReStaff everyone! I was extremely busy and just lost track of time. I hope to have some more free music coming soon for everyone to use. I hope all of you are well. Best wishes!

cub149

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great music. If I use it in a game, I'll credit you, though I may very well just use it to listen to while I make games XD

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you, Cub! I appreciate that.

I have a new track up for anyone who wants to use it. Totally free to use however you like, as normal. Anyone around for the Christmas event will have already heard it. It's my version of "We Wish You A Merry Christmas."

I hope everyone enjoys. Stay safe and be well!

cybrim

Tinker of the Nether
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't know why but soundcloud doesn't work... a lot of the time! I would like to hear this but soundcloud has some issues...

Edit- Could you post some of these on YOUTUBE!? I am watching your youtube and... I was a little proud of some stuff I've done... now not so much lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello! I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with Soundcloud. It does seem to get glitchy every now and again.

Most all of these should be uploaded to my Youtube channel already. If you have trouble finding any, let me know and I'll PM you the links.

Haha, you should still be proud of everything you make. Each artist has their own footprint and unique style and no one will do anything quite like you! That's what is so grand about art.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

is it just me or have posts gotten way more boring ever sense the forum updated
Oh no, fatigue and procrastination setting in on my game. :( Must overcome it!!! Must continue on!!!
I have this issue where I get insomnia whenever I need an answer or solution to "x" situation, and can't sleep until I find it or I pass out exhausted...
Got MV on Steam during the Lunar New Year Sale! Happy Year of the Rat everyone!
Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneLoveDrew