(FREE) Darren's Commercially Free Music (Now Over 70 Pieces!)

SoundRay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*****in tracks man, been recording myself soloing over some of these for like 2 hours, its like bein in the Black Mages haha Great tunes, great tunes!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
*****in tracks man, been recording myself soloing over some of these for like 2 hours, its like bein in the Black Mages haha Great tunes, great tunes!
Haha! Thanks so much! I'm glad you like them.

I've added "Highland Castle" and "Under Siege!" to the front page. I've also updated the Dropbox link.

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
They are all, ABSOLUTELY amazing. 12/10 best work. Best work. Pure inspiration food right here.

I especially love "Highland Castle"... Wow. Makes me want to make a Scottish antagonist. 

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much Darren! These are truly amazing ^_^ 

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
They are all, ABSOLUTELY amazing. 12/10 best work. Best work. Pure inspiration food right here.

I especially love "Highland Castle"... Wow. Makes me want to make a Scottish antagonist. 
Thank you so much Darren! These are truly amazing ^_^ 
@thejesse081: Thank you! I'm glad you like them and I hope they can help some way! A Scottish antagonist would be cool!

@JAD94: You're very welcome! And thank you for the kind words!

I have just added "Lurking Evil" up for download and it's included in the .zip file. Best wishes, all!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey. Just wanted to say, I really love your 'Unholy Desecration' track in the most recent ReStaff release. I'll probably use it in my current game project, since it can fit the dark, dystopian feel of the setting perfectly.

Maradon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
This thread should be pinned.  There are so many good songs in here.  I’m sure everyone that comes across it can’t thank you enough for posting this.

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey. Just wanted to say, I really love your 'Unholy Desecration' track in the most recent ReStaff release. I'll probably use it in my current game project, since it can fit the dark, dystopian feel of the setting perfectly.
This thread should be pinned.  There are so many good songs in here.  I’m sure everyone that comes across it can’t thank you enough for posting this.
@Matseb: Thank you! I hope it serves you well. I always see you saying how we need more dark, Sci-Fi stuff around here, so I had you in mind when I was making that piece and the battle one!

@Maradon: You are too kind. Thank you very much!

I'll upload the new pieces from the most recent ReStaff soon and update the main page. Thanks very much!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
But because those two tracks (Unholy Desecration and What are these monsters) are more versatile than that, I'm using both of them in the dungeon I've just mapped.  It's dark and a bit weird, but not sci fi and to my mind, they work well in the setting I've given them.  So thank you. 

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
But because those two tracks (Unholy Desecration and What are these monsters) are more versatile than that, I'm using both of them in the dungeon I've just mapped.  It's dark and a bit weird, but not sci fi and to my mind, they work well in the setting I've given them.  So thank you. 
Thanks, ksjp17! And you are very welcome! I hope they are able to help you out!

I'm glad to hear you like them and to see the different uses for them as well. I always find it interesting to see other people's interpretation of the pieces I make and to see where they are being used. It just further reinforces the fact that art is extremely subjective and can mean or feel like so many different things to different people. I love that about it!

I've added "What Are These Monsters?!?" to Soundcloud for individual download and it's on the front page. I hope everyone is well!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's been a little while, but I've added "Unholy Desecration" and "Forward March" to the front page. I've also added a short horror piece called "Unnerving Chase." This piece is a little different than my usual style as it's not very melodic. I did it as a free resource request for someone who needed intense, chase music.

The .zip file on the first page has been updated to include all my new ReStaff pieces. I hope everyone is well and had a good weekend!

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I always keep coming back to your music as a main feature of my games. I freaking love all of them.

I'd also like to add that 'Lurking Evil' is probably the best out of all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I always keep coming back to your music as a main feature of my games. I freaking love all of them.

I'd also like to add that 'Lurking Evil' is probably the best out of all of them.
Thank you very much for the kind words! They are appreciated. Knowing the music is being used and serving a purpose keeps me motivated to make more!

I've also just added "My Dark Passenger" to the list. I hope everyone enjoys!

Orsalak

The Blissfully Ignorant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Really, really good music.  I haven't listened to them all, but these aren't just good tunes to stick in your game, I found several of these to be very inspirational.  I can almost see the scene around where that music is playing! They do a great job of setting the mood for the scene and help the designer get the creative juices flowing as well.  Great stuff!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Really, really good music.  I haven't listened to them all, but these aren't just good tunes to stick in your game, I found several of these to be very inspirational.  I can almost see the scene around where that music is playing! They do a great job of setting the mood for the scene and help the designer get the creative juices flowing as well.  Great stuff!
Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed what you heard. It's awesome they've helped inspire you and gotten that creative flow going. There really isn't a bigger compliment I can receive than that! Many thanks! I'm glad the music is helping!

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just wanted to say I really love your stuff and wanted to thank you for having such a sizable amount of quality music available for commercial use like you do. If I ever need something custom made you will be at the top of my list.

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Darren I just want to say I really appreciate all the hard work you have done. Each piece is beautifully orchestrated and really helps to set the mood/theme for that specific genre.  

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just wanted to say I really love your stuff and wanted to thank you for having such a sizable amount of quality music available for commercial use like you do. If I ever need something custom made you will be at the top of my list.
Thank you! And I'm glad to hear it! I always love hearing when my work is able to help out!

You have made some awesome music my friend. Keep up the good work :D
Thank you! I sure hope to keep it up. I should have a few more coming out this ReStaff shortly. Many thanks!

Darren I just want to say I really appreciate all the hard work you have done. Each piece is beautifully orchestrated and really helps to set the mood/theme for that specific genre.  
Thank you! And you're quite welcome! It's awesome to hear you liked it so much!

Many thanks, everyone! Have a good weekend!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone,

I'm just dropping by to release the music I submitted to last month's ScareStaff. The pieces are "The House in the Middle of Nowhere," "Spellbound," "Inside the Tomb," and "Bad Dreams."

Also here is some music I made for Team Good during the event, which is now being released as a free piece. It's a battle track featuring a Church Organ, Baritone Guitar, Piano, Bells and some Choir work.

I hope everyone is well and enjoys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:/ nope...today is canceled.
"...and I hope you like jammin' too."
This guy makes so many good hip hop tracks!
can't use certain things with SRDude's Battle Status Customizer? make the gauges show it lol. I got the gauges to show Olivia's Boost Points and other stuff.
Seeing people still using Kaus tiles with stolen contents makes me sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Endruler