(FREE) Darren's Commercially Free Music (Now Over 70 Pieces!)

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shinma: Thank you! I appreciate that and I'm glad you like the music. All of you are awesome for the wonderful response you've given me!

@Matseb: Thanks, man! Glad to hear you liked it!

It's been quite awhile since I've been on this thread and on this site steadily. The holiday season, mixed with a surge of work and personal matters, took up quite a bit of my time. I'm glad to be back! With me, I've brought the atmospheric track released in MeRestaff entitled "Into Oblivion."

And for those who prefer Youtube over Soundcloud:

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
I should said that earlier, but didn't knew about that thread ~ great work!

Your music played very well with my earlier project! (The one from the event) (=

Well done and keep it up! ^^

HeroTheWorldCreator

Hero and World Creator.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How about a theme for a battle with an old teacher of magic? A sense of dark mysticism mixed with intensity yet still melancholic. 

Also, I'd like a standard boss theme. A fast-paced orchestral piece with an intense feeling of potential doom mixed with a sense of never giving up. A theme that makes you feel as if your foe is going to kill you yet you're willing to put all on the line for something lighter, something more important than your life.

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I should said that earlier, but didn't knew about that thread ~ great work!

Your music played very well with my earlier project! (The one from the event) (=

Well done and keep it up! ^^

Thank you very much, Rikifive! I'm glad to be able to help out when I can! Haha, yes, I remember the Good/Evil event and your game. That was a lot of fun!

Thanks, you are the man

Haha. Thank you! And you are the man!

How about a theme for a battle with an old teacher of magic? A sense of dark mysticism mixed with intensity yet still melancholic. 

Also, I'd like a standard boss theme. A fast-paced orchestral piece with an intense feeling of potential doom mixed with a sense of never giving up. A theme that makes you feel as if your foe is going to kill you yet you're willing to put all on the line for something lighter, something more important than your life.

Howdy! I put this together a few days ago in some of my off time. This is for the dark battle with the old magic teacher. Let me know if it's close to hitting the right mood.

I can try my hand at the other when I get time, but it will most likely be a few days at the least before I'm able to get to it.

ARMR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just had to hear one... Glory Eternal, my ears are still climaxing, that was amazing! You are extremely talented sir!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just had to hear one... Glory Eternal, my ears are still climaxing, that was amazing! You are extremely talented sir!

You are far too kind! Many thanks!

The next ReStaff is still a few weeks off, so I'm going to try to come out with a free track before that to release soon, provided I have the time. Keep your eyes open! Thanks a lot to everyone who has left a kind word and dropped by to let me know they're using the music. I really do appreciate it! Best wishes, all!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are you up for suggestions here right now or are you busy at the moment?

Sure, I'm always open for suggestions. Just please give me some time to complete them as I've been staying fairly busy with work. Even if I don't get it out as an individual release, it may be something I do and include in the next ReStaff. So feel free!

Bernkastelwitch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sure, I'm always open for suggestions. Just please give me some time to complete them as I've been staying fairly busy with work. Even if I don't get it out as an individual release, it may be something I do and include in the next ReStaff. So feel free!

Okay. I wanted to suggest a piece of music that conveys someones fall from being a hero to being a villain. Would that help a bit?

Dainiri.Art

Broken Tablet Mastery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really love your Sad and Emotional one, they are really nice to my ears :)  thank you for this.

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really love your Sad and Emotional one, they are really nice to my ears :)  thank you for this.

You are quite welcome! Thank you for the kind words!

Your music is really awesome! 

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Okay. I wanted to suggest a piece of music that conveys someones fall from being a hero to being a villain. Would that help a bit?

Sure, that's an okay start. I tried something here, though I'm not sure it's going to be the style/genre you want. It's a bit cinematic in nature. For the introductory 34 seconds, it starts a bit dark. Our hero has turned evil, or at least has lost his way. From 0:34 - 0:48 we have a brief section that mixes in some bittersweet feelings. Does our hero regret his actions? Was he forced onto his path by specific events he didn't dictate and can never look back?

From 0:48 - 1:16 we have our period of regret. If there were anything in the world he could do, he'd probably take back what he's done. But he can't. It's very dramatic and in a way climactic.

From 1:17 - 1:31 is the section of realization. For better or worse (most likely worse), he's embarked on this path and he'll see it through to the end. Whether his own justification is skewered by his personal errors matters not. This is what he is now. This is what he's become.

Best wishes, all. And thanks again for all your kind words!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It sounds like how I wanted it at least.

I'm not exactly sure what that means in terms of it fitting what you were expecting. If it's not something you necessarily wanted, please feel free to give me any other details you have regarding the style or instrument selection and I can try again to better match what you need. The more information or feedback that is presented, the easier it will be for me to determine how to approach things.

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone,

It's been quite awhile since I've updated this thread (or even been on this site aside from the occasional check-in) due to various things taking up my time. People in the world just don't seem to understand I want to sit in front of my piano and make music all day. They keep trying to make me do other things...

Anyway, I've finally got the four pieces from the March ReStaff Release uploaded. And I've got the first page .zip file updated to include those pieces and the two requests I did a couple months ago.

Updated .zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdgtaiwcdayv73m/Darren%27s%20Commercially%20Free%20Music.RAR?dl=0

The four new pieces are a sci-fi / space travel theme "Unfamiliar Stars," a peaceful, cloud city theme named "Among The Clouds," a goofy town theme entitled "The Town That Time Forgot" and lastly the dark track "No Rest For The Wicked" fitting for our villains planning their nefarious plots against the world.

I hope everyone has been well. Stay thirsty, my friends!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new animated paths are beautiful, and look fantastic next to my improved lake/river maps. :LZSexcite:

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomasu