(FREE) Darren's Commercially Free Music (Now Over 70 Pieces!)

animesock52

Sock Witch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
They are so wonderful :D  keep up the great work! Especially your horror music it has such great variety of sound. I love them.

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@XGuarden You're very welcome! Thank you too!

@animesock52 Thank you very much! I'm glad you like them! Yes, I do get into making darker, horror pieces a lot which is pretty evident given how many of them I have available compared to the other types! Haha.

@BigTaro Thank you! I'm happy you think so! I appreciate the kind words!

I finally got around to uploading the last two I did for this past ReStaff. It took me long enough! We have the 80's sounding action theme "Beatdown City" and the serene country track "The Old Country Farm."

I hope everyone enjoys and has an awesome weekend!

MacheteLove

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I really like a lot of the music. Do you have anything that could be used in a stealth-centric game? I'm really working on something of that nature at the moment, but I can't find anything that really hits the nail on the head music wise. I didn't listen to every single one of the songs though, so you could already have one listed above that you think would work great for something like this.

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@MacheteLove Hello and thank you! Hmmm, without knowing much it may be difficult to match, but I do have a couple tracks that could possibly have stealth/ambient touches to them. Depending on other aspects of your game, they may not be what you're looking for though.

I've got Mystic Dungeon, which is a mixture of weird sounds and ambient effects.

Then there's The Witch's Lair which is decidedly dark. If your game isn't in a horror type setting, this may not fit. The same goes for The House in the Middle of Nowhere. That definitely has a dark, horror tone to it and if your game is more of a sci-fi world or modernistic spy thing, they probably won't be a good fit.

The only other one I can think of would be Ultimate Evil. It's still a dark theme, but has more of a science fiction atmosphere as opposed to horror.

Off the top of my head, those are all I can think of for my pieces. If none of those fit, feel free to post some info and possibly some reference pieces in here regarding what you want. I can look everything over, give it a listen and try to make something that better suits your needs. Thanks so much!

Gin

The djinn
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Darren, you are incredibly talented and I love your work. ;)

My all time favorites are The last stand, Lurking Evil and  Hold on to memories. You were credited in an rpg called Beyond Magic. :kiss:

Tr4sh-C4n

The garbage of love
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's realy good stuff ! I'm gona use some of them for my project, I'm crediting ya ! Thanks alot ^^

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Gin Thank you! And thanks for letting me know about the game! I always appreciate that so I can check them out! I'm glad to hear the music was able to help and found a home!

@dart Haha, you are far too kind. Thank you! I hope the music helps out!

@Tr4sh-C4n Thank you so much! I'm happy to be of service! You're quite welcome!

I'll have some more coming soon!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I finally got a couple more pieces uploaded. The first is a dark theme I imagined for an evil character entitled "The Insidious Jester." I had in mind a piece that was evil, but almost had playful elements in the undertones like a Zorn and Thorn kind of thing.

The second is an intense science fiction battle theme called "Dueling With Cyborg Ninjas." It features a mix of synthetic instruments, cinematic strings and some rock drums.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Peace!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Quite.Toxick Thanks so much! I apologize for the late reply. I haven't been around for several weeks, but I very much appreciate the kind words. Many thanks!

I hope to have some more music to share with everyone soon. Have a good one!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds badass. I like that weirdly mechanical-sounding wind up sound quite a bit. And the breathing sounds were a nice touch too. For a moment there I thought someone or something was in my room making those noises. XD

Edit: Blergh, this was addressed to the Ultimate Evil song on the last page. Didn't notice another page.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Matseb2611 Haha, no worries, man! And thanks! It's difficult to remember because I made that piece a couple months back (who am I kidding, I can barely remember what I did yesterday...), but I think those breathing sounds were some kind of steam-like or factory sound effect I had in there. Some kind of pressurized release thing. I'd have to check again, but it does sound an awful lot like someone exhaling!

It's been close to a month since I've been able to update this thread due to a hectic work schedule, but here is the latest free piece to add to the collection! A dark track lead by choirs, an organ and some heavy, rocking percussion.

https://soundcloud.com/desperate-measurez/dealing-with-the-devil-dark-royalty-free-music

I hope everyone enjoys and is having an awesome week!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yeah. Relistening to that track now, I can hear that as the steam release sound now. For some reason it sounded to me like someone exhaling before. Perhaps could work in either way.

Great new track. Is this the same one you shared on a status update a few days ago?

PS: I like your Halloween album btw. I think Bell of Souls is my favourite from those, but I might need to listen to them all again. It reminds me a lot of some of your older tracks like Hallow's Eve Ritual and Labyrinth of Lost Dreams.

Crusixblade

Subject to Redaction at Random
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really great music with a nice variety. Great job.

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Finally getting another update on this bad boy now that I'm back. I've been away for a good bit with the holiday season and all. I hope everyone had a good one!

I've got the first two new tracks of 2017, both completely free to use and they can be downloaded from Soundcloud per usual.

The first is an Asian hybrid piece using instruments from a few different eastern countries and some hefty guitar and drums. It's called "Samurai Saké Showdown."

The second is a darker battle track, probably best suited for a Sci-Fi/gothic setting. It has been dubbed "Teeth and Metal."

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Peace!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've got another royalty free piece uploaded and ready. It's a sad track probably best suited for a cut scene as I was more in a film score mindset when doing this. I messed around and applied a good bit of reverb to the piano to give it a more dream-like, ethereal feeling. I call it "Such Sweet Sorrow."

NOTE: The download link on Soundcloud is for the non-looping .wav version. If you want the looping .ogg file, it can be found in the .zip on the first page of this thread.

mara_vertin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for sharing these awesome music for free. Especially love your horror/dark pieces and the track "war of the pianos". :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Testing out applying a stroke effect to things at player level to increase visibility. Thoughts?

I wonder what cat meat tastes like.
Some call him... the wacky one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrPhantom