(FREE) Darren's Commercially Free Music (Now Over 70 Pieces!)

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am still a huge fan of your work. I typically listen to it when I am working on my project to help get me inspired. Thank you so much for your contributions!!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
To everyone, I apologize for the super late reply. Due to my schedule and a few things that popped up in my life, I've been gone from this site for quite some time. And when I have been popping in, it's been few and far between. I hope to be back on a more steady basis soon.

Thanks for sharing these awesome music for free. Especially love your horror/dark pieces and the track "war of the pianos". :)
@mara_vertin You are quite welcome! And thanks so much. I appreciate the kind words!

Great work, mate. I love your music. <3
@Doombringer Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Woah! just found your tread and already I am amazed! Especially by your generosity. :3

TYVM for your offering to the community!
@Marquise* Thank you! I'm glad you liked the music! And you're quite welcome! I just have fun making the music!

I am still a huge fan of your work. I typically listen to it when I am working on my project to help get me inspired. Thank you so much for your contributions!!
@Shinma Thank you! You're welcome! I'm glad it's been inspiring for you. That's a huge compliment, so thanks!

Since my absence, I have had a little time to work on a couple more free pieces. The first is sort of a mixture of ambient soundscape and subtle melodic lines. It's another dark piece called "Unknown Fear."

The second is a Celtic sounding piece. It blends some traditional orchestral and Celtic instruments along with some rock guitar. I like combining different sounds and work with "hybrid" stuff, so I'm eager to learn how this one worked out. Here is "Lord McDeath."

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

jmike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, your music is great. Makes me want to hire you to score my game. Too bad I'm not at 30 posts yet! Oh and I can't believe you're really just willing to give your music away for free, man. Kudos.

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@jmike - DesperateMeasurez composed 60% of the music for my game, and he did an amazing job! I can't recommend him highly enough! He listened carefully to my needs, responded in a timely manner, was patient with my feedback on a few pieces that required some extra iterations to perfect, and turned out some incredible music. I only hope my gameplay lives up to the music quality!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow, your music is great. Makes me want to hire you to score my game. Too bad I'm not at 30 posts yet! Oh and I can't believe you're really just willing to give your music away for free, man. Kudos.
Thanks so much! I appreciate the kind words! Feel free to drop me a private message any time. I don't think you need 30 posts for that!

Not all of it is free. I do some stuff that isn't, but I think I'm up to over 70 tracks that are free now. It's my way of giving back and just making stuff because I love to do it!

These are sick!!! Dude you rock!!
Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed them! I appreciate the support!

@jmike - DesperateMeasurez composed 60% of the music for my game, and he did an amazing job! I can't recommend him highly enough! He listened carefully to my needs, responded in a timely manner, was patient with my feedback on a few pieces that required some extra iterations to perfect, and turned out some incredible music. I only hope my gameplay lives up to the music quality!
You are far too kind Golfhacker! Thank you! Of course, you made things easy on me by knowing what you wanted and giving plenty of details I could use to craft the music. Screenshots, story details and references. It really helped me along the way! Knowing some of the things going into the game and after having played it, I only hope the music does the game justice!

You did the Atonement music??? Woah!
I believe @Matseb2611 hired Scythuz to do a lot of the music in the first Atonement. There are several people credited for the sequel. He used a couple of my royalty free pieces for it and I did do a custom theme for him. I won't say anything about it because I don't want him to fly over here and beat me up for disclosing spoilers, so all I'll say is it would appear during the later stages of the game!

Also everyone, I've just launched a website hosting all my commercially free music. It's a really simple site and I'm still doing some work on it, but hopefully it provides an easier way to browse and download my music rather than searching through the mess on Soundcloud. Each track can be easily previewed by clicking on its picture and when you download them, you'll get a .zip folder containing the WAV, MP3 and looped OGG files, plus a signed Materials Release for that specific piece should you need one. www.darrencurtismusic.com

Peace, everyone!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe @Matseb2611 hired Scythuz to do a lot of the music in the first Atonement. There are several people credited for the sequel. He used a couple of my royalty free pieces for it and I did do a custom theme for him. I won't say anything about it because I don't want him to fly over here and beat me up for disclosing spoilers, so all I'll say is it would appear during the later stages of the game!
That was a great track that you did. Really fit that scene where it played and made it all epic. :D

Also congrats on that website. Looks very neat and easy to navigate.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@DesperateMeasurez I played Atonement twice and got the second issue... I might get tempted to go back and try to find who did what... (Wondering if it is a sky sequence kinda part)

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I recently thought up a new secret boss for my game and your Glory Eternal (will be used in the battle) and Temporal Desolation (will be used in the boss's location) tracks were perfect for the job. Once the game is done, you can add Downfall FES Re:Boot to your list of projects that used your music.

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I recently thought up a new secret boss for my game and your Glory Eternal (will be used in the battle) and Temporal Desolation (will be used in the boss's location) tracks were perfect for the job. Once the game is done, you can add Downfall FES Re:Boot to your list of projects that used your music.
Thanks a lot! I appreciate the comment and you letting me know. Certainly once it's done I'd love to add it to the list. Thank you! I'm glad the music was able to help!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Right now I got four pieces of yours in The Book of Shadows. Glory Eternal is used when you attack a group calling themselves the Holy Army (map and battle music), The Last Stand is used for a two time use battle theme (I up the tempo to 105 the 2nd time), Temporal Dislocation for a Dream Sequence, and Highland Castle for a town theme.

Two of them in videos if you wish to see. They are in the spoiler tab. The video footage is considered Alpha as I am still pending an official Beta test, so little glitches could exist.

Last edited:

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Right now I got four pieces of yours in The Book of Shadows. Glory Eternal is used when you attack a group calling themselves the Holy Army (map and battle music), The Last Stand is used for a two time use battle theme (I up the tempo to 105 the 2nd time), Temporal Dislocation for a Dream Sequence, and Highland Castle for a town theme.

Two of them in videos if you wish to see. They are in the spoiler tab. The video footage is considered Alpha as I am still pending an official Beta test, so little glitches could exist.

Awesome! Thanks for telling me. I'll keep an eye on your development thread so once it comes out I can let people know about it.

Nice videos! I especially liked the first one. Everything being in greyscale really added to the overall mood. I've always liked dream (or nightmare) sequences in games and movies. Good work!

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This music is just so awesome! I play one of the songs in the background while i make games :D

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's raining non stop since yesterday. The sound of the rain is so soothing.
I really miss the old style disney animated movies. I guess the last one was The Princess and the Frog from 2009. Now I am trying to collect every single one I can get on BD or DVD.
What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.
Recently posted a demo of my game online. Now I have no idea what to do with myself o_O What is the reason for my existence now...
I'm feeling a lot better this week. Some of the rules in my country for isolation changed a little, so I was able to see friends in person again, which was a huge relief. Thanks everyone for giving me some sympathy last week when I was having a rough time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Densuki