(FREE) Darren's Commercially Free Music (Now Over 70 Pieces!)

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This music is just so awesome! I play one of the songs in the background while i make games :D
@DesperateMeasurez I exclusively used only your music (Illusory Realm, Timeless Ruins, Into Oblivion, and Journey's Reflection to be precise) in my "One-Map Challenge" entry, Downfall FES Prologue: Fyrir Allt (https://jtheduelist.itch.io/downfallfesprologue). Feel free to add it to your list if you want.
I am in love with your work.
These are some amazing songs! Very well done and thank you for sharing them :D

Thank you so much for all the nice feedback! I appreciate all of you letting me know you enjoy the music and find it useful! I want to apologize for not replying sooner. I've been quite busy as of late and haven't been around this site as regularly as I used to be. Please forgive the delay! And thank you all so much again! I really enjoyed reading all that!

It's been a little while since I've updated this but I have a few new tracks I've released over the last month. The most recent of which is a dark, Sci-Fi piece called "We've Been Breached." It's a background, tension building track.

And we also have some film noir type music named "Nowhere to Hide." This is all about an impending sense of danger and urgency. Someone is on us and we need to get out of here as fast as we can!

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen! I hope you are well and enjoy!
Best wishes, everyone!

ShellyValeras

Beginner Game Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are simply beautiful. I promise you i WILL credit you and i WILL add a link cause these are simply too awesome! There were quite a few that were simply PERFECT for my new game Remembrance!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
These are simply beautiful. I promise you i WILL credit you and i WILL add a link cause these are simply too awesome! There were quite a few that were simply PERFECT for my new game Remembrance!
Thanks so much @ShellyValeras! I apologize for the super duper, double-dog long delay, but I haven't updated any of my threads on here in awhile and kind of lost track of this.

As a long overdue update, I've modified the Master Folder link on the first page. I've also reorganized the music to try to fit them into better folders than before. There's some overlap as far as genre and feeling, but it should be a bit better now. I'll repost the link here too: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2ld7a0a8pqxr2r/Darren Curtis - Free Music Master Folder.zip?dl=0

This now contains all of my recently released, free music that's currently public. It includes tracks like the sad piano and orchestral "I Was Always Right Here." The atmospheric, Sci-Fi track "Navigating the Hive," and the intense, Middle Eastern piece "Big Trouble in Little Persia."

I hope everyone has been well, enjoys and finds the music useful!

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I recognize these tracks from the 127.0.0.1/banned.url feed. =)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My game The Book of Shadows is out now, which uses the same 4 tracks I mentioned earlier. I did change The Last Stand back to standard pitch in the end as well.

One player even complimented Glory Eternal saying it really hit the mood when going after the bad guy!

Penitente333

Bullet Cat
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your music is epic! Seriously, thank god I found this while looking around for resources! I am making a simple but long game and I want to use some of these. You'll be credited, of course. I could send you the game when the first versions are finished, but its in in Spanish though. Anyways, keep it up! I love your songs!:thumbsup-left::)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Transferring over the character creation to MMO MV is going okie-ish, but slow~ Mainly image assets reformatting/reworking I have to do to work in this engine is a pain. XD At least the MMO battles works pretty well so far! Woop woop! :kaoluv:
At this point I'm sorta convinced that the joke "they mix something in the cafeteria food" may be true. Like, every single person seems to be dozing off in class right after lunch...
Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FenixLuciferum