(FREE) Darren's Commercially Free Music (Now Over 70 Pieces!)

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This music is just so awesome! I play one of the songs in the background while i make games :D
@DesperateMeasurez I exclusively used only your music (Illusory Realm, Timeless Ruins, Into Oblivion, and Journey's Reflection to be precise) in my "One-Map Challenge" entry, Downfall FES Prologue: Fyrir Allt (https://jtheduelist.itch.io/downfallfesprologue). Feel free to add it to your list if you want.
I am in love with your work.
These are some amazing songs! Very well done and thank you for sharing them :D

Thank you so much for all the nice feedback! I appreciate all of you letting me know you enjoy the music and find it useful! I want to apologize for not replying sooner. I've been quite busy as of late and haven't been around this site as regularly as I used to be. Please forgive the delay! And thank you all so much again! I really enjoyed reading all that!

It's been a little while since I've updated this but I have a few new tracks I've released over the last month. The most recent of which is a dark, Sci-Fi piece called "We've Been Breached." It's a background, tension building track.

And we also have some film noir type music named "Nowhere to Hide." This is all about an impending sense of danger and urgency. Someone is on us and we need to get out of here as fast as we can!

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen! I hope you are well and enjoy!
Best wishes, everyone!

ShellyValeras

Beginner Game Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are simply beautiful. I promise you i WILL credit you and i WILL add a link cause these are simply too awesome! There were quite a few that were simply PERFECT for my new game Remembrance!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
These are simply beautiful. I promise you i WILL credit you and i WILL add a link cause these are simply too awesome! There were quite a few that were simply PERFECT for my new game Remembrance!
Thanks so much @ShellyValeras! I apologize for the super duper, double-dog long delay, but I haven't updated any of my threads on here in awhile and kind of lost track of this.

As a long overdue update, I've modified the Master Folder link on the first page. I've also reorganized the music to try to fit them into better folders than before. There's some overlap as far as genre and feeling, but it should be a bit better now. I'll repost the link here too: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2ld7a0a8pqxr2r/Darren Curtis - Free Music Master Folder.zip?dl=0

This now contains all of my recently released, free music that's currently public. It includes tracks like the sad piano and orchestral "I Was Always Right Here." The atmospheric, Sci-Fi track "Navigating the Hive," and the intense, Middle Eastern piece "Big Trouble in Little Persia."

I hope everyone has been well, enjoys and finds the music useful!

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I recognize these tracks from the ******* feed. =)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My game The Book of Shadows is out now, which uses the same 4 tracks I mentioned earlier. I did change The Last Stand back to standard pitch in the end as well.

One player even complimented Glory Eternal saying it really hit the mood when going after the bad guy!

Penitente333

Bullet Cat
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your music is epic! Seriously, thank god I found this while looking around for resources! I am making a simple but long game and I want to use some of these. You'll be credited, of course. I could send you the game when the first versions are finished, but its in in Spanish though. Anyways, keep it up! I love your songs!:thumbsup-left::)

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My game The Book of Shadows is out now, which uses the same 4 tracks I mentioned earlier. I did change The Last Stand back to standard pitch in the end as well.

One player even complimented Glory Eternal saying it really hit the mood when going after the bad guy!
Hey, that's awesome! Thank you for letting me know. Sorry for the super late reply! I'll check that out and link it in my site's credit section if that's cool with you! Thank you!

Your music is epic! Seriously, thank god I found this while looking around for resources! I am making a simple but long game and I want to use some of these. You'll be credited, of course. I could send you the game when the first versions are finished, but its in in Spanish though. Anyways, keep it up! I love your songs!:thumbsup-left::)
Thank you, very much! I appreciate the kind words! I'm glad the music is able to help your project! Much appreciated!

It's been a long while since I posted any updates on here. I've released several new tracks and am just over 150 now. All of them are available to download here: https://www.darrencurtismusic.com

Here are a couple of my newer pieces.

A tension building theme with dark strings, brass and some clocks: "Time's Up."

A sad medieval type track featuring the Bazantar: "Eternal Sleep."

I hope everyone has been well and enjoys the music!

DesperateMeasurez

Darren Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it okay to write songs to these tracks?
Sure, go for it! As long as I'm credited for the music, you can do just about anything with it!

I'm also back with some new free tracks! The first is a dark epic track with booming percussion, powerful, short strings and an intense brass finish. It's called "The Black Blade."

The second piece is a softer, harp melody called "Lake of Destiny." It has a deep reflective feeling.

The third is a cowboy/western theme with a loner kind of mood. I've got a couple distorted guitars in there to give this a kind of modern or hybrid feeling. Here is "Gunslinger from the Brink."

And lastly we have a horror theme that combines a lot of ambient elements with melodic phrases. "They Live in the Mist."

All of these and many more tracks can be downloaded free from my site right here: darrencurtismusic.com

I hope everyone is well and finds the new tracks useful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

bro how do I have over 30 OCs
A good way to mix your own music? What's the learning curve on that?
Would it be better to pay a composer?
What theme for the next windowskin? You'll decide. Tell what you wanna see and I'll try for.
I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sudechu