RMMV Free for both non-commercial and commercial use ABS plugin for RPG Maker MV that is compatible with mobile input?

CaraPrincess

The Princess of the Great Cross
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've just ask the RPG Maker subreddit on which mobile-compatible ABS plugin should I use for my project, given that the Undertale battle system plugin for MV by SRD seems to be not compatible with mobile input.

Instead of giving me a comprehensive list of mobile-compatible ABS plugins, they just give me Pheonix's Alpha ABS, which is by the way not free for commercial use (to use it in commercial projects, we have to spend 40 dollarydoos for the full version), and it is pretty limited in the free version. I am pretty disappointed that they just give me a plugin that is free for non-commercial uses ONLY, not some list of ABS system plugins that are both compatible with mobile and PC input (since I am going to port my game project onto Android some time later if I want to).

Can any of you in this forums give out a more comprehensive list of ABS MV plugins that are both mobile and PC-compatible, and are both free for non-commercial and commercial use? Any suggestions will be appreciated!:hwink:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as for SRD, most of his is not userfriendly for mobile, but you can add
a few lines to make it so and it works on mobile.

for some, only adjust 2 or 3 lines to make it work.

Alpha ABS is one of the best that works.

QABS (or the upgrade of that plugin by another that port it to MV/MZ
should probably work,

otherwise MOG_ChronoEngine which you can try.

the other 2 can be complex to setup, and if you want pixelmovement,
you much modified the plugin.

there is a CrossEngine (with MOG_ChronoEngine + PixelMovement
for someone which is heavely modified in order to make them work, which
you can aim for.

but I cannot tell if they can work, which you can test the demo,
deploy it and test it for android to see if it does work.

but it also depends what things you want have to work and if you are
able to modify if a feature is missing.

there aren't many abs system, otherwise, you can event it out.
but that require JS knowledge and know how variables/switches
use effectively. (know that there are require at least 2 other plugins.
in order to make it work correctly and simplified.)

CaraPrincess

The Princess of the Great Cross
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. But the problem is Alpha ABS is free for non-commercial uses only under the form of a pretty bare bones plugin (commercial uses which involves a more fleshed-out version requires a plump fee). What I aims for my fangame project is to make it ready for commercial distribution once I am old enough and once I got permission from both the devs of Seihou and Touhou.

As I am not living in Japan and cannot attend doujin conventions to sell my fan works, I need to resort to get permission from the IP holders of Seihou and Touhou so that they would allow my games to be sold digitally through Steam or similar sites. Also, I am not able to afford money for a lot of blank CDs for burning my game onto and make it ready to be sold through my own small business, so I resort to digital distribution as the last resort.

For the other 2 ABS plugins that is mobile-friendly, I have yet to figure out the way to work with those plugins, but they seems to be free for non-commercial and commercial use. The thing is since I haven't worked with them before, I can do absolutely nothing about working things out for those ABSes.

Hope you understand this. And on second thoughts, can you show me the manuals for all three ABS systems?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THORR1