Mercedes90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I know, there are barely any real good insect character sprite sheets, and most I've found were way too fancy...

So, I've made one cockroach sheet for my game today and thought it would be nice to share it.
  • Free for Commercial Use and Non-Commercial.
  • No Copyright.
  • No Rights Reserved.
Suits perfect for cave/dungeon maps, especially for modern, near-future, and/or sci-fi games to make the atmosphere a little more living.

Feel free to use the sprite sheet.
Save it as "$Cockroach" in your project directory: ...\[Project Name]\img\characters

$Cockroach.png

ezgif-7-b1019be25c2.gif

Last edited:

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's pretty gross, but cool! Never thought of this actually, would be useful for my squalor of a city.
I'll give it a test run!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Resources. Thank you.

(Resource Workshop is where people take on requests to make resource for others)

Ebanyle

what
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Brrr, terrifying! But also such a simple, but impactful detail. Never thought of this one!

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

The roaches are made to great effect when you have them commanded to roam randomly on region tiles near the rubbish.

Mercedes90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The roaches are made to great effect when you have them commanded to roam randomly on region tiles near the rubbish.

That's not bad. Will do that myself. Although, I've tried the command "Move Away from Player" but they would just crawl away from the player as far away as possible and cornered in one or two spots and stayed there, which I didn't like. I'm trying to figure out how to make the roaches "Move Away From Player" by 1 or 2 steps, and continue to roam randomly without going near the region where the Player is present - That's a decent feature to add, if possible.

annas2n

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how to download it?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder if I feature creep... 225 magic spells is a lot lol.
Being hit with nostalgia for something that's gone is both a great thing and so sad.

But being a creative means having ideas for bringing stuff back to life, which can be frustrating and rewarding in it's own right.
the urge to comment helpful things on forum posts but not using the same engine
It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to. The best b-day present I could have is if my mapper came back. No idea where he went.
Senary_Redesign.png
Updated Senary's design (left). The previous one is overdesigned and her lack of functional pants is distracting and undermines her as a strong female character. She now has compression shorts, shorter hair, and a loose-fitting shirt for a modern look. She was lacking the authority of her original design, so I gave her military cap with her namesake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinyas