Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if i download freebes from i-turnes and put them in my game and then sale my game. how would you go about doing that. is it legal oO?

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Don't think so - pretty sure iTunes only grants permission to play for your own entertainment; it's not a license to reuse and redistribute. In fact, I'm pretty certain you'd be in legal hot water if you just gave the game away for free, too.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the music wouldn't be downloadable it be part of the games back ground music Oo so i dont see how i be giving it out if the files were decripted Oo.

StarkinGyra

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think even if you download free music you need to get permission to use it in a commercial game.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Audio has never really been encrypt-able. Besides, that doesn't matter. The price of a song (free) does not make its terms a free-for-all along with it. And without being given any information about the song we can only speculate anyway. You would need to check its individual terms/copyright and ask the correct parties.

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
It's not about the encryption, it's about the permission to use for any purpose other than for your personal enjoyment.

There's nothing to stop you from using the music in a game you're playing for yourself; it only gets hairy when the music is part of something you share with others, paid or unpaid.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Compare it to any other media.  You got a WoW wallpaper of one of their main characters.  Can you use that as your title screen?  You recorded an episode of Star Wars Rebels from TV.  Can you use a clip from it as a cut scene?  Of course not!  Just because you have the ability to enjoy does not mean you have permission to use.  You need a licence for that.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Compare it to any other media.  You got a WoW wallpaper of one of their main characters.  Can you use that as your title screen?  You recorded an episode of Star Wars Rebels from TV.  Can you use a clip from it as a cut scene?  Of course not!  Just because you have the ability to enjoy does not mean you have permission to use.  You need a licence for that.
thank you Sharm ^^ you may lock this ^^ glad i asked first before slaping 100s of songs on my game hahaha 

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In iTunes 80 page Terms of Use i'm sure they outline their distribution of music to you is not transferring any intellectual properties to your persona. Not that Apple owns the songs themselves... they wouldn't be the ones going after you. That would be the record companies, who are pretty scary and ruthless when it comes to lawsuits and "damages". Better safe than sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Taylor swift gonna be mad at you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today *Fix the game UI
RMMZ maxRows make me tired.
The game supports real-time language switching (really interesting).
8laFKAa.png

jBYDFzZ.png

lYbvPth.png

mY99lgU.png

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this
One thing those jp developer still get wrong about boob physic is that... men's muscly hard pecs can jiggle too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back-AlleySnowman