Free Original Music for Games

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Nightling, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Nightling

Nightling Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hiya guys!
    New to the site but willing to help with projects, for free!
    Want to write original music for decent adventure/futuristic games.

Here's an original that i composed for you to get an idea.

Message me on nightlingmusic@gmail.com if you're interested

Nightling

Gui and Dreadshadow like this.
  2. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I write music too.

So this has drawn my attention instantly.

Heard your song.

My style is kinda different but I liked it.

(Narami Nenupha)

I like the LFO modulated oscillators you had and your sound is well mixed, panned and mastered.

Did you did all these or did you gave it to a sound engineer?

Also what DAW do you use?

I am a Reason freak, but I also use VSTIs to construct sound FX waveforms. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
  3. Nightling

First Language:
    English
    Heya :) nice to talk to someone else who makes stuff haha :) thanks for your kind words too! 
    Noooo! I made the track, the drums and stuff are from sample libraries and the rest is vst's and effects.

Ive used ableton for about a year and find it soooo good :) got friends who swear by reason but i could never get into it, different brain i guess.
    What sorta stuff do you do?

Dreadshadow likes this.
  4. Dreadshadow

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Of course... crystal clear sound. It HAD to be Live!

Tell you what. Reason is my favorite but I admit it, Live has the best sound ever!

I got a Live demo with my keyboard EMU X Board 25 (yeah I was short of money :p ) and I could use VSTs using it.

Nowadays Live has surpassed everything in my opinion. Especially if you add NI plugins. :p

So, I make ambient and psychedelic atmoshperic stuff, maybe some psychedelic trance too, mostly futuristic or atmospheric sounds.

When I say atmospheric I mean stuff appropriate for a horror game for instance, or mystery, you get the picture.

I mostly make what I feel I wanna make, I sample stuff from the real world, clean the recording, master it, then use the sample in a creative way to make my stuff. Reason has of course synths and more instruments to help with sound sculpturing but I also love samples in some pieces.

When it comes to Sound FX samples are priceless. (Oh yes I make some SFX too :p )

You can get a kick on a trash can in a silent road during the night, that was recorder by a cheap mobile phone.

You can cut this sound, clean it, edit it and voila. Something shiny new!

So, there. That's what I do, with maybe a re-panning of some sounds. Check the free DLC on Steam to get an idea. :D  

5. Dimitris

Dimitris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Nightling Very nice song but, Is No Sleep All Fun yours also? Amazing dude, good job.

@Dreadshadow, Very useful your sounds from Dlc, have you uploaded your music where I can listen?

6. Dreadshadow

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not yet mate.

I will though.

Just be patient. :D

7. Nightling

First Language:
    English
    @Dreadshadow Yeah i wanna hear some of that too dreadshadow :) ive been a fan of atmospheric stuff since highschool! :) ableton is good, but has a bunch of pdc issues that im still working through! :S i can hook you up with a copy of ableton suite if you want ;) i have it stored away.

@dimitris Yeah dude, i do a lot which isnt cinematic based at all, the soundcloud was just a new thing for me to store and test out some files :) i love the music youve made too man, reminds me of my malice mizer days :)

8. Dimitris

Dimitris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ahhhhh Malice Mizer...amazing band. The first band that showed me what Jrock is. Still a favorite :) Yes, your songs sound very professional and I can't wait to listen more.

Btw, I use Cubase since 2002 for metal and post rock recordings, and I use Fruity Loops for all things electronic. Both DAWs sound veeeery different and I use both of them because I haven't found one that does everything I want. I know that reason and ableton are amazing daws but people use them mainly for edm and live performances so i haven't tried them.

9. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nightling, if you want to offer your services to game creators you should either make a workshop in the resources section or post in Project Recruitment. That way people making the games will be more likely to see you. This is sort of an off topic place, usually the music posted here is not for use in games.

Nightling likes this.
  10. Nightling

First Language:
    English
    Thanks Sharm, still finding my way about this site :)

11. Sylvor

Sylvor Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Wow, this music is good. It has that epic, monumental feel to it.