Free portrait art for your game. (Closed)

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Rozel, May 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rozel

Rozel Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    EDIT: I'm doing art for three different projects now, so I'll be closing this off for a little bit~

Hello. I would like to offer my art for free, but only for a project I can be excited about as well.

I'll be willing to do bust portraits for your game. I can make lots of different facial expressions for them and in some cases, different poses. But I might have trouble with multiple poses if the character has a very complex design. Here's a few examples,

[​IMG]

I can do other artstyles as well. You could even send me pictures of one you like and I could try to follow along with it to see if it works.

I'm working on my own project right now, but I'd like some variety to try out new things and to draw out someone else's character designs. This will help me gain more experience, have more examples of work to show off, and hopefully it can be fun for myself and whoever I end up working with.

We would communicate through text in either Discord or Skype. If a team is involved, I would like there to be a group chat for everyone.

So, what do I want to draw for? Any kind of game that catches my eye. Fantasy RPGs, horror games(with 'mild' gore or none. Feel free to ask whether or not I would be comfortable with something.), and non-combat games are some I'd like but I might be open to more. While I'm not interested in games that sexualize the characters, I don't mind other types of mature games with darker themes or implications.

Preferably, I'd like to work on a smaller project—in particular, ones you have stuff to show for already. Or, if you don't have anything to show yet, perhaps you could show me something you've made in the past. This is because I'd prefer working on a game that's likely to be finished, and showing it instead of just telling me your idea makes it a bit more likely to come to life. I want to play it and possibly share it with my friends, too!

I would also prefer to see a game that has custom graphics/tilesets. Even if they aren't the best, I find a lot of value in something unique. You can still make something cool with a minimalistic style! If RTP is used instead, that's fine too. But I'd hope you'd at least do some small edits to it (like changing the color hues a bit) or parallaxing. Again, it doesn't have to look amazing or anything.

If interested, leave a message here or send me a PM. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
    BerryB, Khayalan, Starmage and 13 others like this.
  2. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    I really dig the color choice and your artstyle!

I wish I had time to work on my sci-fi game so I could ask you for it, but hopefully another time.

Rozel likes this.
  3. Khayalan

Khayalan Mapping-Guru Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @Rozel These Characters are amazing :)  Im going to make a completly new game since my first was a Thing i learned from (made it 3 months, so i gain some experience)

I will certainly write you in near future ;)  Because i might need more than just a few characters drawn... Ive got a question: Would you possibly attract a skills exchange into consideration? I can do Eventing and Mapping... Because i think that would be fair

-Khayalan

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
    Rozel likes this.
  4. Tyranida

Tyranida Narrative Copywriter Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love your art!! But my game is not finished yet, and I don't want to waste your time if I don't finish it, so can I get back to you in a while?

Rozel likes this.
  5. Rozel

Rozel Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    @Khayalan Thank you. I don't think I'll be needing eventing and mapping, but I really appreciate the offer.

@Tyranida Thanks. I might not be available later on, but it wouldn't hurt to send me a message anyways. You never know.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
    Tyranida likes this.