[FREE] Scythuz's Mountain of Music - Free for commercial use!

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello there everyone.  I have here a big bunch of free to use music, a mountain of it you could say.

These tracks are from various sources whether it be projects that haven't worked out, tracks that weren't used,tracks i've made for fun and so on.  They are completely free to use for both non-commercial AND commercial projects.  For commercial projects please ask for permission first.

I only ask that I am credited appropriately and that if you like my tracks that you consider commissioning me for your project.

The tracks are mostly in ogg and mp3 format.  If for some reason you really really want a track in a different format

and you can't do it yourself, please send me a pm and i'll be happy to help.

Download links are accessible by pressing the relevant button by each track in each set. 

Links:

Restaff Releases

Freely Available Music Set

Medieval Music Collection

Final Year Project Collection

Tribal / Orchestral Music

Sega Megadrive / Genesis Style Music

EDIT: Due to popular request I am now hosting my music on mediafire in the form of compressed folders, here are the links:

Megadrive

Terra Incognita

Medieval

Restaff 2013

Free Tracks

Final Year Project

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great music! Although I already had all music for my project already, I'm going to replace a few tracks with yours now^^

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for sharing these with the game making community.

I like the tracks in the first link the best. I liked everything. Your titles are fun. Is the pink ape a human? Else he is an underimpressive ape, I think! And the piano in space title is great - you get what the title tells you is coming. All very enjoyable.

The Medieval sounds in the second link don't sound very Medieval to me. Hustle and Medieval bustle sounds somewhat Arabic to me. But they are not what I expected, I guess.

And Tribal Village is nice in the third link - I also found this set not exactly what I expected.

But that is the joy of the internet, creativity and variety, is it not? The chance to explore many things and find the great thing that fills the need.

Good luck with your work, and thanks again.

/me links to compilation in one of Granny's lists

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are really great. I am still going through them, but the ones I've listened to so far are really well done. Lots of diversity in themes too. I bet there's a song there for every genre. I'll try to find use for them. Thanks loads!   

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah granny knows best!  All my themed tracks aren't necessarily meant to be a realistic interpretation of medieval tracks.  I suppose I'd be better saying that I composed them with medieval instrument samples in order to catch the... spirit... of medieval times rather than anything specifically based on secular medieval music (though the influences are there).

Thank you for your constructive criticism and praise, I'm also grateful to be added to your lists!

The actual purpose, origin, species and whereabouts of the pink ape are unknown even to me!

Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi! I really like what you've done! I think I am gonna use the 'This forest is not just filled with trees' track! I really like it and the atmosphere is perfect for my short game!

EDIT: the more I listen to the more I want to add to my game. You are awesome! Thank you so much!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great find!  I'm left hoping that you'll come across a few more "unconsidered trifles".

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Fantastic works. :D

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here is a very short sneak peek at one the tracks that may be in my contributions to this months restaff: 

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The link just takes me to the top of this page.  am I missing something?

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm you're right, try pasting it in from this: www.soundcloud.com/scythuz/sneak-peek

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm seriously considering making a bandcamp account in order to sell work that I get done between commissions.  I was thinking of doing a lower quality album with a pay as you want scheme and a much higher quality one with more set in stone amounts.  Only thing is, I'm not sure about what genres/styles to write in and what sort of prices I should be setting as I am aware that they'd need to be much much lower than my regular prices.  Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the forum store can be a good indicator as I think it has more or less reasonable prices there (at least for a Member+ anyway). So I'd guess maybe around $5-10 for smaller albums and perhaps up to $15-20 for large ones is affordable to most people. As for the genres, it's probably best to go with whichever ones you do best, but you could see which of your songs get most listens/likes/positive feedback and then to conclude from that.  

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah that's very helpful thanks!  Now I just need to figure how many tracks I want to use and the individual price, hmmm.

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thought I'd just post my restaff up here for people who are having trouble downloading it or just want to listen instead, enjoy! :)  https://soundcloud.com/scythuz/sets/restaff
Awesome. :D

If your still considering on what genres to use, some dixieland ragtime or old school rock n roll are always great for events, especially if your wanting to lighten the mood with an amusing or comical situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.
Procrastination at it's finest.
annnnd after 2 days lol... and I still feel I need to work out a few kinks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeNice