[FREE] Scythuz's Mountain of Music - Free for commercial use!

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.  I'll definitely consider it, I still feel like I'm not quite there with my guitar recordings yet though.  For example: https://soundcloud.com/scythuz/dirge-of-invocation?in=scythuz/sets/restaff

This track has recorded guitar in it and I feel like I could improve on it a lot.
That's sounds pretty cool. :D

Just curious, but what software do you generally use?

I've tried a bit in FL Studio, but I'm still pretty new at it. ^^;

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I use Pro Tools 8 and mainly use Kontakt 4, Vienna Symphonic Library and Xpand! 2 as my midi instrument / sample plugins.  I've had a small go of a trial of FL Studio it seemed pretty intuitive compared to say Pro Tools and Cubase.

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
More free music for you all!

This is from an early sega megadrive / genesis style soundtrack I made for a friend who has given me permission to give the tracks away.

It's made using a very faithful megadrive / genesis soundfont.  Have a listen!

https://soundcloud.com/scythuz/sets/megadrive-game-ost

Also if you like my music, please consider donating to my paypal address at: bc_12@live.co.uk

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey there everyone!  

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for restaff of august 2013.  As I do put up a link to my restaff soundcloud set on here I thought it'd make sense to ask on here.

So, if you need any leftover music for your game or the like and you don't mind it being non-exclusive... nows the time to ask!  Either post on here or by pm, whatever takes your fancy.

Just a note though, it'd be very convenient if all requests could be made by the 26th of August, the earlier the better really.  I also don't have time to do any guitar tracks by the submission date, samples and midi only please!

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Like I said earlier, some dixieland ragtime or old school rock n roll are always great, renaissance music would also be nice.

At the moment I'm working on a project that takes place in an 1870s based environment, it's still very early in the works, but music that fits in and around that period would be very useful. ^_^

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not sure how well I'd be able to do rock n roll without a recorded guitar part but hey I can always try right?  There's a medieval track with some more renaissance like parts already near completion so I'm sure there will be something suitable for you!

Also, 1870s is more fitted to the romantic (an offshoot or development of what we call classical music, depending on how you want to interpret it) style of music.  We're talking composers like: Chopin, Wagner, Berlioz, Beethoven, Liszt.  To name a few who were either considered to be part of or influential to the romantic period and style of music. That's just as a reference for you in case you start looking for period relevant music to use in your game.  I'll send you a pm with some more information.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could make a suggestion if you're up for it. How about something that could fit a final boss fight in a sci-fi game? Something that obviously has sci-fi vibes, but also brings with itself a sense of doom and chaos. At the moment I am still trying to find a suitable track for my current project's final boss fight, but nothing quite yet fits what I have in mind. 

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Matseb2611 - Don't think I've ever finished a final boss theme, I'll give it a shot!  Is there a particular game you have in mind?  The first game that comes to mind is Phantasy Star 4 for some reason.

@Everyone - By the way, I'll save anything that's been left over for next month/the month after etc so don't worry about the deadline!

Last edited by a moderator:

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, I haven't had any game in particular in mind, but to give you an insight on what I mean - the game I'm making happens aboard a space station and consists entirely of a robot cast. So heroes, villains, npcs - all are machines. So I am guessing something machine-like in its sound but also kind of intense and with a sense of doom to it. But it's up to you of course. I am sure the tracks you release for the next ReStaff will be awesome anyway. :)  

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've now officially got over 100 free tracks available now that my restaff set has been updated!  Thank you to all the people who requested music, it was a lot of fun!

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sounds awesome, I'll be sure to check them out. :D

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you provide a compressed file of all of your music(and also separate it by album/sets so I can't be overwhelms in big files).

and also So I can easily download the all.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow that soundcloud stuff is some cool music.

edit

ditto to what Jomarcenter said I got satellite internet and would love to hear all your stuff!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Added mediafire links to the top post, thanks for the suggestion.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
I woke up this morning took a shower come down and then found you added all your music to mediafire!! YES! 

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I woke up this morning took a shower come down and then found you added all your music to mediafire!! YES! 
No problem!  I really should have done it in the first place.

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Restaff requests are officially open again!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, I really like the music you have posted, but I'm a bit confused.  In the opening post you say:

"I have here a big bunch of free to use music, a mountain of it you could say. ...  They are completely free to use for both non-commercial AND commercial projects.
and this, together with the reference to the way they can be downloaded implies that this applies to everything listed in that post.  However, the notes in the folders for the July and August Restaff tracks (no notes at all in the June one) say that they are only free for non-commercial.  Could you clarify this for me please?  I don't want to use anything inappropriately.

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, I really like the music you have posted, but I'm a bit confused.  In the opening post you say:

and this, together with the reference to the way they can be downloaded implies that this applies to everything listed in that post.  However, the notes in the folders for the July and August Restaff tracks (no notes at all in the June one) say that they are only free for non-commercial.  Could you clarify this for me please?  I don't want to use anything inappropriately.
Thanks for bringing this up.  I guess what I should put is that every track is free for non-commercial and commercial use, but I'd like to be asked for permission first for commercial tracks.

I think I'll edit it in now so it's clearer.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks, that would be a lot clearer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And then I figured out a way to doing a "regular animation" that's affected by PIXI particles. So now each frame of the animation gets particle effects. Soon my dreams of a world without QSprite will be realized. :kaopride:
Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.
Procrastination at it's finest.
annnnd after 2 days lol... and I still feel I need to work out a few kinks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PiszkosBill