Free sprites and tilesets? (modern version preferred)

KB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Does anyone know where I can find free resources for creating an RPG Maker XP game, like repositories filled with homemade tilesets and sprites free to be used in custom games?

Maybe something like these:

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this site's resource forum?
you are aware that this is not a tiny fanforum but the official, company owned site for all RPG-Makers, and that many people post or link exclusively here?

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The short answer is: if you can't find the terms of use, don't use it. And this put a big dent in my personal archive of XP resources, because a ton of them came from sites that were--in hindsight--full of reposts from who-knows-where. Some I've been able to track down the original artists (and therefore terms) of, most I haven't. So they stay in a big ol' "DO NOT USE" folder, and occasionally I ask "does anybody know where this sample image came from?" when I'm really stuck.

There are still a lot of resources out there, but you'll have to do some legwork to find, assemble, and implement them.

Take a look in the RMXP Resources forum. Avery has a great resource thread, so do Lunarea and Euphony, and so do many, many others. Search the Resource Requests forum for "RMXP" to see what's available for use there. Take a look at PandaMaru's website. Take a look at Sithjester's website. Take a look at PixelArtWorld, for modern tiles. Always make note of where you got your resources and what the creator's terms are. Some just want credit. Some want a copy of your game. Keep track.

If there are specific items you need, you can try asking in the Resource Requests forum, but you'll be hard pressed to get someone to do an entire tileset for you. You have enough posts that you should be able to see the Classifieds forum--if you're willing to pay someone to do the work, you can look into posting a "help wanted" there, or commissioning someone with a shop.

And, finally, there's the Do It Yourself option. For example, the buildings in the Modern Tileset you linked are recolors of the Post Town in the RTP. If you have a graphics program that can handle layers (Gimp, Photoshop, Paint.net, etc) making your own recolors is pretty straightforward, and I'm happy to walk you through the basics of it if you aren't familiar with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

YAY!!! My third help Guide STEAM integration in MV (High performance) has been posted!

Both the polls for the 3rd Original Character Contest ended with 5th place ties! So let's break those ties. Vote now for your favorite of the ones tied!

werewolf and his friends added!!

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)
rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kloonoa