Free Sprites, Animated Battlers, and more! Updated 3/22/14 - Icon Set!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by Jesse - PVGames, Mar 9, 2013.

1. SlaveOfThaMind

SlaveOfThaMind Game Developer / Musician Veteran

First Language:
    English
    PVGames,

Wonderful!

I cant wait to buy your packs then if this is the true verdict! Unfortunately it will have to wait until I get a bit of extra money set aside.

But with the free resources you offer here, I should be able to use them as placeholders until I can buy your packs. ( I hope at least )

Your artistry reminds me of the playstation one era graphics, whereas the RTP from RPGMaker remind me of a crisp revival of the classic nintendo graphics.

Not that either are better than the other because ultimately graphics don't make the game, but they sure don't hurt!

The game you speak of, the Legend of Erthia, is it free?

2. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I was going for the Diablo I, Ultima series, Baldur Gate series type of look for the most part. It's not for everyone, but it gives options sinc.dy really has provided many resources at all in those styles. 

As for Legend of Erthia, you can check out their Facebook Page here

The guy who is making the games is a pretty chill guy. He has a lot of youtube videos of the games as well. I don't believe they are complete though so can't yet play them.

3. SlaveOfThaMind

First Language:
    English
    I can definitely tell. Its mind blowing.

I am using some of your free sprites and I am using Falcao Pearl ABS Liquid V2 in a test. The sprites show up fine however the entire attack system doesn't work. The hud, with the life bars and magic gauges, which skills/weapons are equipped, but nothing is working. when I press F for example, to attack, the sprite does nothing.

any idea?

4. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    I just provide the graphics. It sounds like a script issue, or perhaps something is not configured properly. Best check through the instructions and such very thoroughly. If all else fails, contact the person who made the script.

5. SlaveOfThaMind

First Language:
    English
    do the characters in your hf resource packs come with full images like the ones in your free samples 1-11 ?

6. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    7/13/13 - Signs Tilesheet (Request)

How will your players know what sort of building they are about to enter? Put a sign on it!
    This is a bunch of various fantasy-themed signs I whipped up. I hope they are of some use!

[​IMG]

@RPGMakerWebber: They do not, but the upcoming Main Party Pack II does.

7. SlaveOfThaMind

First Language:
    English
    awesome icons, I thought my game was missing something :D

8. Geekman

Geekman Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The requests are still for commercial use, right?

Just wanted to verify.

9. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    Yes, they can be used freely in commercial projects. They are just freebies I made based on requests from people. If anyone wants a request done but wants it exclusive to them, then they must commission it, in which case the resources would not be put up here.

10. Taien

Taien Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You amaze me more each day my friend. Thank you for the signs, its these small details that bring the worlds to life.

Its these reasons I hope you never stop releasing tiles for people to use, its good for our games, good for RPG Maker, and good for your existing work too!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
  11. Geekman

Geekman Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for these resources. I LOVE the more Guild Wars-style take on the sprites!

Or at least they seemed Guild Warish to me...

12. SlaveOfThaMind

First Language:
    English
    PVGames,

Im loving the free sprites you've released. I have a question about them though.

When im in a battle sequence, I can see the sprites fine, they are doing a walking animation though ( not a big deal )

What I am wondering, after looking at the Battlesheet for one of your free characters, is how do I make the sprite use the battlesheet animations during battle (side screen view)

I am using the free_5 as an example as my main party character.

[RMVXAce]

13. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    depends on what scripts you're using for the sideview battle.

If you're using "Battle engine Symphony", then you'll need the holder-addon-script to use the battlesheets.

For other scripts, look for something similiar or change the filename setting for the sprites.

14. SlaveOfThaMind

First Language:
    English
    I am using:

Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine v1.22

YanFly Compatible Customisable ATB/Stamina Based Battle System Script

Jet's Viewed Battle System

15. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    I am not sure what Jet's viewed battle system is capable of, but I think it just adds the walking sprites for the side-view. You need a script that will allow you to use Holder's Style battle animation sheets, such as Battle Engine Symphony, Victor's Animated Battlers, or one of the others that handles animated battlers.

16. iMAGPrime

iMAGPrime Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Would you be willing to either teach me to make these or make me some that have a WoW theme? Itd be great to get the Orcs and Nightelves in here

17. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Learning how to do 3D-renders of that quality isn't something that happens overnight, you'll need months of learning how to set everything right until you have the correct templates...

On www.daz3d.com there is a free rendering program (DAZ Studio), try experimenting with that and you'll see how much work that is...

18. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    What Andar said, basically. With a program like DAZ, it is one of those things where it is relatively easy to figure out all the little basics, but very difficult to master. It will help you learn all of the basics of posing a model, setting up lighting and cameras and stuff like that, but you will eventually need to learn all about the more complex things. There are tons of tutorials around Youtube and such that could be useful to watch. If you want to do animations, you would be better going with another program though. DAZ can do animation, but it is rather limited compared to something like, say, Poser, or some software that specifically caters to animation. DAZ is just essentially a 3D scene-maker where you put in various 3D elements to create a picture. If you want to actually make your own content, you will need different software, like Blender.

19. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    so these pics are actually made from 3D renders? wow... so far I can only make simple decorations in 3D modelling softwares... XD

20. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    Well, 3/4 of the work is still done in Photoshop/GIMP, but they begin their life in 3D, yes.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.