Free Sprites, Animated Battlers, and more! Updated 3/22/14 - Icon Set!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by Jesse - PVGames, Mar 9, 2013.

1. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nice!  How come your graphics are so awesome (and cool).

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    that one looks really awesome :)

3. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    New Freebies available!

3/22/14 - Icons!

I whipped up a new Icon set. The original set I made was mostly rushed and I felt wasn't particularly strong, and was missing a fair number of pieces. This Iconset, albeit not 100% complete yet, is far better than the last set. There are more items, and even better more elements for you to make your own icons with quickly and easily. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Cadh20000 likes this.
  4. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    YES! YES! Thank you so much  :)

5. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I just assumed people would know, but just in case, I will explicitly state it: you can use any of the free resources for the month-long game-making competition along with any of the purchased packs as well.

6. Cadh20000

Cadh20000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Elder Futhark icons? o_O
    They look nice, but I wouldn't have a clue what to use them for!

Mind if I make a request? Or rather 4?

Elementals(and their summoning sequences): Salamander(Fire), Undine(Water), Sylph(Air), and Golem/Gnome(Earth)
     (The descriptions and gifs are from, or go along with, my stories but I would love to be able to use them in my games. Of course, I realize if you do them you would likely require that they be available to the whole community to use.
    Salamander(the only one I have an image reference for):
    [​IMG]      [​IMG]
    A small flickering flame appeared before me, swiftly it grew to a size capable of engulfing a small man and a reptilian shadow slowly appeared and began to solidify within its center. As the shadow became fully opaque it became lighter and lighter in color, eventually becoming a gold that gleamed so brightly it out shined the fire around it. Blanking sleepily, a pair of sapphire blue eyes peered at me as wings spread widely as it stretched. The flames swiftly died down to a barely visible transparent flicker that seemingly emanated from the draconic creature’s hide.

Undine:
    The air quickly grew humid and then the moisture became dense enough to liquefy. A small whirlpool swiftly formed between my hands and the scroll, it condensed and soon ceased to spin. Its appearance began to take on vaguely humanoid features which became more and more clearly defined. After a few seconds a small beautiful woman, composed entirely of translucent water, stood before me.

Sylph:
    A swirling breeze began to blow, quickly condensing into a small dust-devil. As it built up strength and speed a delicate, elfin form was slowly becoming visible in its heart. After a few moments the surrounding wind began to settle down, silhouetted in drifting dust and fog was the transparent form of a slim pointed-eared young girl with her long hair swirling gently in the breeze.

Golem/Gnome:
    Small pebbles and dust rose from the ground and flew into the dust-devil forming between my hands and the scroll. As the swirling mass slowed it began to take on a humanoid form, as the details became clearer, it took on the appearance of a dwarf made entirely of dirt and stone. Short and stocky with a heavy beard hanging down nearly to its waist and seemingly clad in tunic, trousers, calf-high boots, and a heavy blacksmith’s apron.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
  7. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I believe that there are already elementals in the main packs for sale.

8. Cadh20000

Cadh20000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Maybe, but I'm broke and have no way to so much as tell if they are the right ones.

9. anikarises

anikarises Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Don't look away. don't even blink. you really don't want to.

10. Euphoria

Euphoria Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I KNEW that those two free characters were based off Cloud and Sephiroth... They had to be.

Great work on all the stuff! Free and not-free. I'm enjoying it all.

11. SlaveOfThaMind

SlaveOfThaMind Game Developer / Musician Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Been a while =) I would like to make a request if I may.. Not for a character or a monster, but flames.

I cant seem to locate any animated flames spritesheets that match up for use, or even look remotely decent against your tilesets.

They all look out of place. I have a lot of use for fire/flames in my project, and having houses burning would be a nice touch. With and/or without smoke

Right now im using the Fire skill animation as a placeholder until a more realistic/similar art style flameset is found or created.

Thanks in advance! Keep up the amazing work!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  12. jknightandkarr

jknightandkarr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've got several of your packs and very happy with em!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014