Free Testing Services

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by abe109, Mar 8, 2015.

1. abe109

abe109 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hello, I have a lot of free time on my hands so I would like to beta test any game for free...

As many times as you want! 

You can PM me anytime with your demo or semi complete game.. even complete games.

Any games as long as they are made with any RPG MAKER I will try and review asap.

Feel free to post here or just message me.. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Kyuukon and Marsigne like this.
  2. SpiralSigil

SpiralSigil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  3. abe109

abe109 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Dear Sir I am playing your game... will have a review for you soon.

SpiralSigil likes this.
  4. abe109

abe109 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Ok so here are some suggestions:

Notes I took...
    Progression, it starts of really slow and drawn out.. Save fairy (needless character, save should work outright and some save

reminders should pop up).. then this girl Eek?. Could she be a little more hmmmm... sexy or smarter? Such a tool I could fix a sinking ship.

she could at least hit on one of the guards maybe? at the cutscene. That one Guard who is a jerk at the start... Character didn´t rub off on me well and I had

to read his whole text line by line because the text seems to be slow, the default for this should be instant text.. Liked the fact that there

were treasure chests everywhere with stuff but what´s the point if I can´t even buy a weapon at the weapon shop... What?? I´m in a dungeon

and this girl doesnt even have a freaking healing staff?.. Her special is hide? Lmao but... not cool lol.. she should at least have some special

heal technique something... Or at least insult the guard and have him gain plus atk..  

Hmmm.... How do I put this... Rail OMG worst character ever >!!! everª!!"! ....   

Ok the mimic box killed me... I will stop playing here.... Hmm 47 minutes 10 seconds but...

It´s a relief I no longer get to hear Rail rant yes!!! Victory!!!  So much for reassurance...

Ideas...

Ok so... Progression.. it´s too slow to my liking.. it´s 47 minutes in and only 3 battles...

except they are not battles but they are quite tortorous moments.. the only good part was the bat battle which was a one hit wonder..

The Music- gets repetitive, too slow and too calm at the tower and town almost want to fall asleep. It´s like a lullaby. 

Character Dialogue--- What´s with Rail really? He totally ruined my whole game experience.. I kind of not want to play just cause of him...

Also it´s too childish just way too childish to put myself into her footsteps.. It´s like playing final fantasy but instead of a staff and cool weaps

they give you a special ability to hide.... and they give you a co protagonist that just irks your skin so much you rather not play..

Treasure chests--- nicely done... i see them all over very rewarding feeling for the player

Animations--- wow look at those faces change all the time..nice...

Mimic box fight was boring as hell.... The dialogue was boring.. sitting there for 15 minutes with him was boring...

Battle tutorial too long.. Tp-- etc... Anyone who didnt know that would be dead BEFORE this part.. At the mimic box... 

Excessive Dialogue- Perhaps one of the most impressive features of this game is that everything or almost everything

is interactive and yet this can start draining the player´s energies instead of encouraging him to go forward.

EXCELLENT SPECIAL EFFECTS- wow at the scene where you go into the tower and the dumb elf has to cast a spell on the

star.. good job!!

So thus far I can give this a 59/100 points..

Let´s see how this project moves forward. You can tell that the developer really cares.

5. SpiralSigil

SpiralSigil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Firstly, thanks for playing, though I'm sorry the Mimic fight killed you and thats where you stopped - I almost want to ask how that fight ended in a game over, but no, I can see how.  If you lose either character during it, then yes, it games you there.  However, both characters are faster then the Mimic (Very much intentional for exactly this reason) and there are reminders to keep Rail healed and alive so maybe you didnt have enough items?  Not sure.  I'll have to inquire I suppose.

So, I guess I'll address everything in your critic piece by piece, as a few statements honestly have me a bit befuddled.  

The Save fairy, as you say, doesnt actually have to be there.  That's true, however I've gotten a fair few opinions on the opposite, in that theyre quite sick of the same generic save points in most games (And saving anywhere wasnt an option I wanted)  I suppose this one boils down to opinion on opinion basis, but I did make subsequent talks with the save fairy very short so as to not bog down the player with long speeches when they just want to save.

The second girl is Esk (Close) and I'm...  Well im not sure what I'm supposed to say to that critic.  She should be sexier or smarter?  Well, shes definatly a little wacky and scatterbrained, and im fairly certain beauty is entirely an opinion-based thing.  Its not at all in her character to be flirty (Actually, quite the opposite, as she doesnt realize when people are actively coming on to her)

The text's default speed is like that because its closer to how actual conversations would play out.  People dont just vomit entire ships worth of dialogue at you when you give them a look, so I modelled it after that.  The text speed IS adjustable though (in the system options) as it was noted that some players would prefer the choice.  I totally agree with that, so its there.  Its just everything I wrote out was with the standard speed in mind ^^;

No, Esk doesnt come with her staff, but DOES make mention that she should go and get it.  Its to encourage exploration more.  Yes, chest and search points also do that, but likewise I want the player to not feel confined to a hallway (After playing FF13 for even 10 minutes I wanted never to make my players feel like THAT game did...)  Serenthia likewise, is not a fighter.  That's made entirely clear by her actions and what she says.  Thats why her skill, by nature, is to hide.  She DOES eventually get party-favoring abilities, but naturally someone thrown into a weird and out-of-elements situation wouldnt immediatly adapt like that.

I'm honestly not sure why you dislike Rail so much, but once more thats opinion.  However I would love to hear why he grated on you so ^^;

Already noted the Mimic thing above, though I'll add on that if lack of items or resources needed to keep Rail alive for that fight were the issue, I can completely relook into adding more resources in :)

Yes, the game starts slow.  It's an RPG, and to me that says the story should be prioritized above all else.  Now granted some that have amazing stories also start off action-filled, so in that regard i do apologize for the slow burn on the opening.  I promise it does pick up later, but perhaps this style isnt your cup of tea.  Thats perfectly understandable.  (I want to make as many players happy as possible, but I also realize its impossible to please everyone)

I am, however, glad you liked the Bat fight.

Yeah, the music is...  Well, ALOT of it is RTP.  Music is something I'm struggling with as I want to avoid using non-commercially allowed musics in case I decided to go that route with this game.  So music will likely all be editted and changed on a "as i find it" basis.  The tower music will likely stay though as it does fit the general ATMOSPHERE of the place.

Really, why the hate for Rail?  I wanna know ^^;

Yes, I get that being able to interact with everything can grate on paitence, but likewise its 100% optional to the player too.  They wont miss out on hidden caches or items because those are highlighted through Esk's ability.  So your level of involvement in seeking out interesting things to read or click on is up to you.  

Im *really* glad you liked the tower animation scene, its one of my favorites in the demo.

Again, I thank you for the critic and taking the time to play.  Im sorry alot of things werent really your style, but I appreciate the work nonetheless.  ^_^

Marsigne likes this.
  6. abe109

abe109 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Last notes on Rail....

This guys is just umm.... Hmmm... he should like be a total anti-hero. He´s like the perfect example of a character that just bugs the

player so much for being so inensitive to this little kid character (even though it´s fiction.) It´s like you dont wanna play anymore

cause games are supposed to be all about the uuuuuhhhs and aaaahs and I love youss right? and so here´s this guy that acts

like more like a raging MOBA (online battle arena player) telling you how to play and yet you cant even use a weapon..

He´s like this game´s Helen of troy.

But I do think your project has a lot of potential. Please be sure to send me the next polished up version so I can re-review it.

7. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    May I suggest you post reviews via PM, or within the thread for the project. A project recruitment thread is for the purposes of recruiting (or joining a team), not to actually discuss the games in question.

abe109 likes this.
  8. Gui

Gui Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I'd be glad to to know your opinion on my game: it currently is in "almost demo" stage and could use some additional feedback.

Please, follow the link in my sig' to go to the dedicated thread  :)

abe109 likes this.
  9. bbaallppeenn

bbaallppeenn Villager Member

First Language:
    Tagalog
  10. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, I dunno if you're into visual novel/adventure games but could you possibly test mine (signature)?

Also, I read you are developing a game and needed some testers. If you want I can test it out and review it for free. I'm kinda lazy but I'm pretty good with ideas so... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
  11. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi there! I would love some feedback on my recently completed game: Demon Hunter.

Currently looking for people to play it through for balancing, grammatical errors, or any bugs they may encounter.

The thread may be found here: 

http://forums.rpgmak...4-demon-hunter/

If you are interested in giving it a go, I would be totally stoked.

Thank you!

12. Nanaki_Fan

Nanaki_Fan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow another person willing to test for free? Fantastic! May I drop you a PM with a link to my game?

13. abe109

abe109 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    By all means leave me a link to the game you want me to try :D

Nanaki_Fan likes this.
  14. Nanaki_Fan

Nanaki_Fan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Fantastic! Much appreciated buddy. I am just uploading a new demo now so will drop you a PM shortly.

15. heroscratch

heroscratch Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello, Abe109! I have a new demo that I'd be interested in having you try out. The link to the thread is here; http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/34214-star-dogs/

The download links (RTP and Non-RTP) are both listed at the top of the page, as well as more info, screenshots etc. 

Thank you for your time, and I hope you're able to check out the demo soon!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
  16. BerryB

BerryB Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ughh.. I'm scared of doing this. I know that I'm not going to improve if I keep on shelling myself over though..

Alright..You can try to play this. Umm.. I know its not a perfect game with many flaws but it never hurts to have a second opinion.

Link to thread: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/38106-eucratons-fallacies-and-dreams-demo-v001-released/

Your call if you want to play it or not. But thank you if you took the time to play it. c:

Any reviews you want to put, please put on my thread, so I can address it. PM me if there's any problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015